Chapter 15: The War

"HIYAH!" I fastened the phase of my horse. Me, HyunJoon and our soldiers are heading to the main camp.

We are sent here. It is already confirmed by the Emperor that today would be the start of our fight against the colonizers.

The Soldiers in the campsite saw us and then opened the door for us. We entered.

I jumped off my sword as I arrived the stable. I left my horse there.

I observed the surroundings and I noticed a thing about with the soldiers. They are exhausted like they were never sleeping, which is bad. Even our men are exhausted for hours of travelling.

I was walking until, HyunJoon blocked my way. I looked at him with confusion.

"What do you need? We are supposed to go to General Zhao's tent, aren't we?" I asked.

He grabbed my collar, "I warned you about her right? Why didn't you listen." His eyes looked at me piercedly.

"I don't know what are you talking about. All I know is I love her." I simply said.

I'm sorry, HyunJoon. I lied.

"You are no better. I thought you were different but I was wrong." He said and let go of me.

He bought it.. I think.

"If you think you could fool me. You can't, I know you lied." He stated making me shock.

"She'll just use you. She's just manipulating you. Using your weaknesses. As long as it is still early. Get away from her." He said and walked away.

I just stood there, Thinking what he just said.

Knowing HyunJae manipulated me with my weakness last time.... Is she doing it again?

I gritted my teeth. I hate this. I don't know. I don't know anymore.

I walked furiously. I'm heading to the General Zhao's tent.

"OH! Are you the Great Warrior?! Who is now the General Kang?!" General Zhao said, enthusiastically.

"Yes General Zhao, He is the great Kang." HyunJoon said.

"We'll definitely win this battle!" General Zhao scoffed.

I just chuckled and asked, "How's the battle going?"

"Yeah, How's it going?" HyunJoon asked.

He sighed, "The enemies are pretty smart. Their attacks are unpredictable. We are always getting off guard."

"Always?" I asked.

"Yes. Always." General Zhao said.

No doubt, There's a spy around.

"Do you know where is their campsite?" HyunJoon asked.

"I cannot find it. I tried but I can't." General Zhao answered. My eyes narrowed at him. He always keep this smile whenever he's saying things.

A suspicious one.

"Oh well, I need to go now. I need to check my soldiers." General Zhao said.

I just watched him exit the tent.

"Muster our men." I said as I faced HyunJoon.

He looked at me with confusion, "Why?"

"If my suspicion is true. Then an enemy attack will occur." I said and exited the tent.

I looked around. Right, The guards in the gate are gone. Either they are some kind of enemies too or they were took down.

Then, I saw two men that is heading over the gate, Who looks suspicious. I got alarmed. I quickly run to them but I was late.

They opened the door, then I saw hordes of enemies marching towards here.

More like running actually.

I quickly killed the two men before they could even react.

"Enemies!" I shouted. Then some of the soldiers near me quickly readied theirselves.

I quickly charged towards the enemies. I kill three at a time but we are getting out numbered.

"Fuck." I cussed.

I quickly blocked and dodge all of the attacks of the enemy soldiers. Then a masked man who is riding his horse, runs over my direction.

Before he even hit me I quickly jumped out to the side. I lose balance cause it's a quick one. I can't even think properly.

The masked guy jumped out of his horse then tried to cut my body with his sword but I rolled out.

I quickly took my sword and stood up and blocked his attack. I tried to kick him out but he side step and swing his sword right in my stomach.

I groaned in pain. My armor isn't enough to block his attack.

I held my stomach and dodged his another attack.

Shit. I need to retreat. Where the fuck is HyunJoon?!

The masked guy launched towards me but I dodged again and this time, I attacked him. I tried to stab him with my sword yet he dodged it but not enough to not let his left arm get wounded.

He faced me again then suddenly his eyes grew wider, He was looking at something in my back.

I faced my back, To see HyunJoon with our soldiers. The soldiers are armed with fire arrows.

"Fire!" HyunJoon commanded.

The soldiers shoot the enemies with their bows.

"Retreat!" The masked guy commanded and mounted his horse.

I just watched the enemies retreat. Not minding my wound.

"What happened?! Did they attack again?!" I suddenly heard General Zhao's voice. I faced him. He was running towards my direction. Looking at the enemies with shocked expression.

"Y-Yeah they did." I stuttered because my wound ache as I spoke.

"Wait. Are you wou-- ack!" I grabbed him and stabbed his stomach with my sword.

"T-Traitor!" He shouted, spitting blood.

HyunJoon looked at me as if he knew that I really suspected General Zhao. He didn't even bothered to stop me. He probably noticed it too.

I pushed the sword deeper as I brough him closer to me.

I scoffed, "I should be calling you that... Traitor."

He looked at me with shocked expression. Before he even react, I pulled out my sword from him. Causing him to fell in the ground.

He's as good as dead now.

HyunJoon approached me and patted my back.

"You really don't disappoint me, Seulgi." He said. Then his eyes landed to my wound.

"Let's treat your wound. I'll help you." He stated.

"No thanks. I can handle it by myself." I said.

He looked at me, "Oh well.... If that's what you say.."

"That masked-guy... Was he their leader somehow?" I asked.

"You fought the masked-guy?!" He looked surprised.

"Yes I did." I answered.

"You're right. That guy is their leader. He never lose any fight. Like never." He said.

"Really?"

He nodded, "Yes, He is known as Raksasa."

Raksasa? What does it mean again....

Oh yeah, I remember.

"Demon?" I asked.

"Yes, It's because he kills all of his enemies brutally. He is also, a killer maniac. He loves killing. He loves war." He explained.

A demon indeed....

I finally found a match. A real match for me.