Chapter 22: Love

A/N: I should be resting whenever I come back to home from that hell a.k.a practices for our performance on our foundation heh.

-----------

I sat down for a bit. I'm struggling on getting these logs from this forest. I need these pieces of logs for the upcoming imperial hunt in a few days. Some of these goes for some raw materials for making weapons for the rebellion.

Man.... A lot of works again.

I pulled the wagon again as I started walking.

I should've just brought my horse... I didn't expected that these logs would be this heavy.

I suddenly heard footsteps, they are just around my place. I sharpened my senses as I look around my path.

Then I felt someone is sneaking right from my back. I quickly took the axe from the wagon and aimed the sharp part of the blade to the person's throat as I faced.... HyunJae.

Despite of my action she was still looking at me straightly.

"Are trying to kill me?" She asked as she rise her eyebrow.

"Well. Why are you sneaking on me then?" I asked back to her as I lowered my weapon.

"You were too serious so... I just want to make your mood brighter." She chuckled.

"Well--" I was cutted off as an arrow flew right in front of my face. It scratched the bridge of my nose. The arrow pierced through the tree next to me.

I quickly looked to direction where the arrow came from and saw a familiar looking guy.

He smirked as our eyes met. I recognise him now. He was the guy... that tried to assassinate my brother.

I was about to say something but-- He shot another arrow again. This time I managed to dodge it.

I quickly dashed towards to his direction. He quickly took steps backwards as he shoot me with his bow over and over again but I just dodge them as I continue to follow him. Those arrows are really hard to dodge. There's a time that I'm almost about to get shoot by his arrow. He's wearing this normal expression but his eyes shows a glimpse of amusement everytime I manage to dodge his shots.

He was about to shoot me again but he run out of arrows. I quickly jumped forward, in front of him.

He smiled at me, "You're tough. It's my first time to miss shots."

Wait is he 'that' archer that I have been hearing of since I was just a Commander at Goryeo?

"Would you mind if I ask your name?" I asked.

"Well. You could call me Arslan." He said.

So... He really is the great archer.

"So you are the Great Archer I have been hearing for years huh?" I said.

He bowed, "Yes, I am the Great Archer named Arslan."

"I assuming that you are the Great Warrior that I have been hearing too?" He asked.

I was about to answer but.. My eyelids felt heavy and they are getting heavier every second that is passing.

Then, everything went black.

.
.
.

I JOLTED up as I woke up. My head bumped into something hard causing me groan in pain and palmed my head.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around the place. I think this is a.. warehouse. I stood up from thr floor.

Why am I here?