Chapter : 1

His smile was a mile longed masterpiece, so beautiful and bright, painted with dark inked dyes that concealed his teary eyes. He stupefied everyone with the dents in his cheeks so that no one could see the bigger and the deeper dent in his heart. He cracked a smile, every now and then, as he tried to glue the cracks in his rusty heart with it, because he thought that fooling himself with his smiles was the only way to heal. There were wrinkled lines caused by his fake smiles around his eyes while his heart was imprinted with wrinkles that would be on a crumpled paper. His life was just that.

A crumpled paper.

And it was my job to make him turn the crushed page; which he was stuck in, to a new, crispy page where he could continue writing his storyline again. I needed to explicit to him that one could always turn the page, even when their favourite character in the book has died. Heartbreak is all about that, turning the page when you know that someone you love is not gonna be in the next chapter of your autobiography.

And it was my job to teach him how to heal his heartbreak by himself and move onto the next chapter, to start a whole new life which is ahead of him.

"That's a hard task to accomplish," I whispered absentmindedly to the psychiatrist as I looked at the smiling, brunette boy.

"Yes it is, but anyone can achieve anything if they aim for it with determination. So, do you want to help him?"

The memory replayed inside my head as I zoned out. I was walking down the crowded school hallway and thrown to the ground suddenly by a jerk who pushed me down purposely. The students roared with laughter at my fall except for one guy.

He was handsome, a good sight to the eyes, with dark hair and amber eyes. He pushed the typical teenagers aside and extended his hand towards me for help. My body reacted instictively and I placed my palm in his, a surging warmth passed through me at the moment when we made contact. He smiled at me and I was a goner.

I remembered his smile and thought about how beautiful that deceptive illusion was. Besides; out of this, I can get closer to him and get to know him.

"I want to help him," I admitted quietly with burning cheeks.

"Yes, of course. Who wouldn't want to help their crush, huh? That's why I chose you."

I stared doe-eyed at the smirking man in front of me.

He knows?