Chapter 14: Leaving

When night fell, it was time for the team to head out.

Anne was saying her goodbyes to Pepper.

"Annie, please be careful." Pepper pleaded.

"Dont worry. I'll be fine. If anything Ill be the one protecting everyone. I mean, I can make earth spikes!" Anne said excitedly.

"Just dont get too cocky. Your father used to do that." Pepper laughed

"I won't."

Pepper pulled Anne in for a hug, a very big and long hug.

"You know, I love you like you're my own daughter." Pepper whipped a tear away.

"So losing you... that would he like losing Morgan." She continued, trying to hold back tears.

"This isn't helping me." Anne said with a giggle, trying to hold back her own tears.

"I'm sorry. Just be safe ok. I love you Annie."

"I love you too... mom."

Pepper couldnt hold back her tears and ended up hugging Anne once more.

"I know you guys are having a moment but we gotta go." Sam said pointing at the jet.

Anne and Pepper laughed a little.

She gave one last loving glance at Pepper and then ran over to the jet.

"I'm sorry if I ruined that, we just really need to get moving." Sam said patting Anne's back.

"You didn't ruin anything." Anne said with a reassuring smile.

"Alright everyone, we're about to lift off so I suggest you all take a seat!" Happy yelled from the cockpit.

Before she could sit down, the jet took off making Anne fall backwards and land on Buckys lap.

Instantly, she felt the warmth rush to her cheeks.

Rather than awkwardly sitting there, Bucky wrapped his arms around her causing Anne to press against his chest with her head laying in the crook of his neck.

"OH MY GODS WHAT IS GOING ON HOLY SHIT." Anne thought nervously.

Bucky bent down and kissed her forehead lightly.

"Hey." He whispered, giving her a suggestive grin.

All Anne could do was stare up at him. His eyes were so captivating.

"H-hey! No PDA on the jet!" Peter yelled.

Sam burst out in laughter, making Anne blush and Bucky smile.

"PDA?!?!" Happy yelled.

Now everyone was laughing their asses off.

Anne slipped out of Buckys lap and into the seat beside him, still giggling.

"Do I have to come out there and separate some kids?" Happy shouted.

"No Happy, it was just a joke." Anne shouted back smiling.

Sam put his fist over his mouth while Clint bit his lip and Peter snorted.

"Ooooh... that's harsh." Sam said through his fist.

Anne looked confusedly at Sam and them at Bucky.

Buckys face had somewhat of pained expression.

"Did I really hurt his feelings?" Anne thought, cocking her head slightly at Buckys expression.

"Just a joke?" Bucky asked quietly.

Anne's face immediately went to guilt.

"No, no I didn't mean that we're a joke or anything. I just ment what Peter said was a joke, not us." I said, reassuringly putting my hand on his.