First Date

WARNING: ADULT THEMES. This chapter is a bit longer since it did take some time for me to get it posted. Be patient with me, this story is going to continue to be updated. Swear! If you like what you read, leave me a comment and let me know or give me a vote. I love hearing from people!!

Noah worked on her script the best she could, but she felt the eyes on her. She and Link had told everyone that morning that they were dating in a meeting that lasted all of 15 minutes, nobody daring to ask any questions when Link had prompted them to if they had any. The fact that nobody had spoken up didn't mean that nobody had anything to say, which became apparent the second everyone filed out of the meeting room.

Things seemed very business-oriented, not that everyone didn't work hard every day, but conversations surrounding Noah or Rhett and Link tended toward professionalism. She had known that things might be a little weird at first, they both did, but that didn't make her any less uncomfortable with the sudden change of energy at Mythical Entertainment. Especially when the hair on the back of her neck stood as both Ellie and LIzzie stole glances in her direction every few minutes.

It typically wouldn't bother her, but the fact that she knew they were texting one another too made her eyes roll. She would need to confront them if she were to get any of her work done today.

"Everything okay?" She asked the room, still glancing down at her computer. Kevin and Micah were with Alex and Mike working on an episode of Ten Feet Tall.

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?" Lizzie responded, giving a tight-lipped smile.

Noah looked between Ellie and Lizzie, tapping her pen anxiously on the cool glass of her desk.

"Mm, then why do you keep staring at me?"

Ellie looked like the cat that ate the canary, looking at Lizzie before she addressed Noah's question. "Okay, but like, we don't want to make things weird..."

"...yeah," Lizzie agreed. "But we kinda need to know."

"Know what?" Noah didn't like where this was headed.

"Well, you know," Ellie urged her to get it, a look lighting up her features.

Noah's dark auburn brow arched over her eye, lips pursing. She did know, and she had expected it. Ellie and Lizzie were the class gossips, the girls that had a really difficult time keeping to themselves and filtering their thoughts. They weren't mean, the exact opposite actually, but Noah found them both a little daft at times and tended to be closer to Jen, Emily, and the guys.

"Well," Ellie continued when Noah didn't say anything, "is Link like, good?"

"What?" Noah couldn't believe she had just asked her that. Even though she knew they'd been thinking it, actually asking was pretty ballsy.

"Is he, you know," Ellie continued, giving her a knowing look. "Like, he seems like he would be but you know for sure so...is he?"

Noah stared at Ellie before switching to Lizzie, who was watching her expectantly. She felt the blush creep up her chest and flare into her cheeks, painting them a dusty pink. She was equal parts annoyed, embarrassed, and astonished that they would even ask her. They weren't that close, they weren't on that level.

"I'm not answering that," she snapped, maybe a little too harshly but not caring at that moment.

"I'm sorry," Ellie answered quickly, "I just meant that since everyone knows now maybe we could talk about it."

"I'd rather not," Noah said, turning back to her work.

"I mean that's fine," Ellie replied, "we were just talking about it and..."