| chapter fourteen |

' they couldn't keep their eyes off her '

"GOOD MORNING, SERGEANT BARNES." Shuri addressed the American male wearing Wakandan clothes as he exited the orange coloured tent.

"Bucky," he corrected, hinting to the princess that he preferred his nickname instead of his title. Shuri nodded, smiling softly at the male she helped fix. She managed to pull out the commands stitched into his mind, removing Hydra's effect over him forever.

"How are you feeling?" Shuri asked, looking genuinely concerned for her future sister-in-law's second mate.

"Good." He stared at the princess, remembering everything from his past clearly as well as no longer feeling the heavy weight of Hydra's command disappear. It had always been on the back of his mind, but now, he felt light. He felt at peace. "Thank you."

Shuri chuckled softly. "Come. Much more for you to learn," she spoke, directing him back to the palace where she knew his mate was waiting for him.

Luna was pacing around the throne room wearing one of Steve's large hoodies and fishnets along with some converse that she slipped on.

She knew that Erik and T'Challa didn't like it when she showed off her legs to people other than them, but she didn't give a shit. Her Bucky was coming back to her after a long time. While he was frozen, she could feel the emptiness in her heart as she waited to reunite with the quarter of her missing half. She knew that Steve wasn't coming back any time soon, so having Bucky would allow her to feel somewhat whole.

However, it wasn't like she and Steve didn't talk. The two would always facetime, the blonde having met Erik over the phone. Luna explained to Steve what had happened and, to Erik's surprise, the male was very sympathetic and kind towards him. Steve understood why he did it. He was a good man with the wrong plan.

"Do you really have to wear that here?" Erik whined, snaking an arm around her waist and stopping her from pacing everywhere. Luna huffed, squirming out of his embrace and moving to the other side of the room.