chapter 3

Rated M in this chapter so if you aren't 18 or older. Get lost. Mini scene.

Walking towards the large tree, Atrox looked around before suddenly a sharp pain wracked across his body as his structure changed. After an agonizing 16 seconds, Atrox stood up shakenly before noticing several changes.

1. He can stand on two limbs with ease.

2. His structure is more lean.

3. Instead of paws, he has hands lifting like Rafiki except with the lion features.

4. His smell, hearing and other senses or even sharper.

5. His tuff is all spiky like a mohawk in a sense. (Think of cloud hairstyle from final fantasy VII.)

6. Last but not least, his rod is hard as steel and has grown significantly larger.

After studying himself, he dashed towards the tree much faster than he normally could move. Once he got to it, he surprised at how fast he got there but then start climbing while realizing that Rafiki is near. It didn't take him no time to climb to the center of the tree. Once inside, Rafiki was already waiting for him.

Good, you're here. I've been waiting for you. I do believe you want answers?

"Yes, I do" replied Atrox while sitting Indian style on the floor in the huge tree. Using his tail, he somehow concealed his large private part of his body while patiently waiting.

"Well, we'll start off with what you are. Don't ask anything until I'm done. You my friend are a living extinct breed of a very powerful and formidable specie. And that specie is the great Panthera Atrox of the IceAge. Also known as the Western Hemisphere American Lion. They were known to stand at 6'7 on all four's and 8ft long with its tail measurements while weighing up to 900lb. Due to their size, they must eat much more than that of lions today, like: Mammoths, Ice Age Buffalo's, large dear and other's. Which is why they were considered a Mega Predator. Their long legs are designed for running down their preys." Due to the size of the skull, it is concluded that the American Lions were very intelligent."

"It is rumored that the American Lions were solitary hunters and would sometimes hunt in pairs of 2 to 3. It is not known much about their behavior." "And that was 20,000yrs or perhaps 400000yrs ago" finished Rafiki.

"Whoa, 20,000yrs ago? Mega predator? And almost weighing a Ton?" Spoke Atrox before taking a couple of seconds to process the details before relaxing.

"Okay, all of the information you just said truly explains my actions and the way I think. And being a Mega Predator would make me more of a target by Scar for sure. It also would explain why the pride is on edge around me. They probably sense it on a subconscious level" mumered Atrox while impressing Rafiki with how well he took the information. But there's another matter that concerns me though.

"And that is?" Questioned Rafiki.

Well two actually and they're:

One: I'm able to stand two limbs.

Two: I am very smart if not beyond intelligent.

Three: Don't tell anyone this but I can't keep a certain zebra out of my mind and it's starting driving me insane" finished the youth as his rod begin to resurface.

"Interesting" thought Rafiki before beginning his explanation.

"That's because you're an anthro, one of first to achieve the next stage in evolution. With that comes incredible intelligence, and the extra mobility with both your animal state and anthro state which allows an advantage over your prey and enemy."