Chapter 4 - Mr. & Mrs. Wu

Ashley's POV

After leaving Kris' condo, Liz and I head to Magical Street, the street where my rented room is. I quickly pack my things and pay my last rent to my tenant, Mrs. Chang. When she asked me why I am leaving suddenly, I told her that I am going to live in my friend's place. She nodded with confusion and then made me leave.

Friend's place my ass. My mind says. If only she knows what I'm up to.

I quickly put my suitcase and backpack at the back of Miss Liz's car and then hop inside the car.

"Did anyone else see you?" Miss Liz asks me.

"No. It's just my tenant." I say.

"Good."

"Thank you by the way." I tell her. "For the money for my rent."

"You're welcome." Miss Liz smiles at me as she starts the car.

Silence dominates us as Miss Liz drives the car.

"So how was Kris to you?" Miss Liz asks out of nowhere.

"Well... He's... He's not that bad." I say.

Miss Liz laughs. "Kris can be very arrogant and assuming."

"I can handle his arrogance." I say to her.

Miss Liz glances at me through the front view mirror and nods.

A while later, she stops the car in front of a private lawyer's building.

"I need to get a few important papers from a friend of mine. Would you mind staying here for a moment?" Miss Liz says.

"No, not at all."

"Okay." Miss Liz says and goes inside the building.

A couple of minutes later, Miss Liz appears with a folder of papers. She opens the door of car at the driver's seat.

"Did I take so long?" Miss Liz asks.

I shake my head, saying No.

Miss Liz turns the engine on and then drives silently. Five minutes later, we finally arrive at Kris' condo unit.

Kris opens the door for us with no anticipation. When Kris sets his eyes on me, I had a strong urge to keep my head down and hide my face. Instead, I lock eyes with him and raise my right eyebrow at him. Kris looks at me deeply like his reading my thoughts. Then, as a sign of defeat, he rolls his eyes at me and turns away.

Huh! I'm tougher than I look, prick!

"Both of you, I need you to take a seat." Miss Liz tells us.

Kris and I comply, taking our seats in the plush sofa. Unknowingly, we sit besides each other. Miss Liz takes her seat across us.

"Here." Miss Liz gives us a paper document that looks like a birth certificate. "That's your marriage certificate. Fill that up."

I shift in my seat. Yeah, a certificate of marriage to the prick beside me.

I roll my eyes as Kris lazily fills up the certificate.

Kris hands me the certificate. "You fill up the other informations."

I take the certificate from him and fill up the informations he haven't answered.

As I hand back the certificate to Miss Liz, I notice that the date of our wedding was August 19. I blink at the date as Miss Liz gets it from my hand and secures it into the folder. She retrieves another two papers from the same folder. She hands us a copy each, one for me and one for Kris.