Chapter 11 - Dazed and Confused

Kris POV

I don't know what got into me. All I know is she looks so damn beautiful at the moment and all I want is to kiss her.

My heart beats faster. Lub dub. Lub dub.

My mind is debating to do it or not. But a huge part of me succeeds and then I take a step forward and kiss her squarely on the lips.

Lub dub. Lub dub. Lub dub.

Ashley doesn't fight me. Before she could, I pull away from her. She looks dazed and confused as I am.

"I'm sorry." I say quickly in a cold manner. "Let's go home. Come on."

I walk away quickly. I didn't look back to see if Ashley's following me. All I know is that I am breaking all my STYLE when I'm with her. I have never felt like this to any girls before.

You're falling for her. My mind warns me.

No. I shouldn't fall for her. It will just ruin the two of us.

I open the door of my car and glide in. Ashley also gets inside the car. She fastens her seat belt just as I finished fastening mine. I turn the car on and drive silently.

Good thing Ashley didn't talk about it. I can tell her mind is full of questions right now.

We arrive in my condo without talking. I directly turn to my room. I am about to open the door of my room when Ashley calls my attention.

"Kris?"

I turn to my left shoulder, not looking at her. "What?"

My cold demeanor must have scared her slightly because even though I am not fully facing her, I sense her cringe a little.

"G-good night." Ashley greets me in her small, saccharine voice.

I want to greet her back good night but it would just worsen the confusion that I am in. Maybe, after all, I'm just dazed and confused about her.

I need to distance myself and push her away. It's for the best.

So, I just give her a nod and then step inside my room.

Ashley's POV

It has been four days since that baffling night with Kris. After that, he is back to his cold and mean behavior. The days went by usually. He would just drive me to and from the school and of course, still keeping our 'sweet act' in the public.

Today is Friday, meaning that I have no class this afternoon. Our Literature teacher, Mrs. Lang, arrives in our classroom and she orders us to read 'Romeo and Juliet' by Shakespeare silently.

We do what she says and I start reading.

I come into the part where Juliet said to Romeo, "Then have my lips the sin that they have took."

Unknowingly, I remembered that Monday night when Kris kissed me directly after asking for forgiveness.

My heart begins to beat faster.

Oh crap. This can't be happening. I say mentally.

I try to drive away the thought and continue reading. But the events of that night keep on burning on my mind. I shut the book I'm reading and then take a deep breath. I inhale and exhale slowly and close my eyes. Maybe I'm just stressed out.

"Yeah, you're just stressed out Ashley." I whisper to myself.

Unfortunately, all the kiss moments that I had with Kris are playing like a flashback on a romantic movie. Even the kiss he gave me while we were keeping our sweet husband and wife act when he dropped me here in school is playing in my traitorous mind!