Chapter 012: Impeachable

The air hung still at the library, little motion was observed in the background. Exam season was over and students were taking a break, all but of course, the hardworking or as usually called, the 'nerds'.

It was noon as Taehyung rested his back on the wooden chair trying to find a comfortable position as he had been doing for the past few hours. Aiming for Haewon's attention which unwavered from the book she had been reading, he felt desperate.

They hadn't talked much since the other night, and the library was almost empty giving him no excuse to ask her out to the cafe nearby. He sighed for the millionth time, his eyes fell on the huge clock behind her as an idea popped in his head causing a smirk to show up on his indulgent face.

"Ahh," he stretched his arms out forcing a fake yawn, "I'm hungry, let's have lunch," he said slamming his hands on the table to which she abruptly turned her head to.

"It's 1 pm, too early," she spoke casually, flipping pages with her slim fingers, her wedding ring shining in the morning light drawn on them through the glass ceiling. He grimaced internally at the gratuitous reminder.

He slammed his hands once more, "brunch then?"

"Shh," Haewon glared at him as if glaring at a child, she noticed the people around getting pissed by his actions.

"I won't stop til you eat with me," he pursed his lips, frowning them and flared his nose at her like a little kid luring his mother into buying him bonbons. He then smiled innocently, turning his head sideways, "please."

Mouthing a dramatic 'EAT WITH MEEEE' with his teeth obviously grinding and lips forming a wide box, he kept slowly slamming his closed fists at the table.

The sudden change of atmosphere caused a smile to break onto her sweet lips and she found herself unconsciously nodding. Hastily and without warning, he stood up seizing the chance, the chair squeaking underneath him but he didn't waste another second as he grabbed her hand, pulling her out of the building and onto the open streets.

"Wher-"

"Mall nearby," he looked back at her, panting, "did I mention how much I adore junk food? Pretty much the only good thing new era's come up with."

She chuckled bringing her free hand close to her mouth, "you know you sometimes speak like an old man.."

Smirking nervously, he gave her a side-eye check, "oh do I?" as he continued pulling her into the crowded building.

It was only when they stepped into the brimming building, filled with teenagers who skipped school earlier, struggling part timers and old women merely chit chatting as they bought their needs and what else but mainly, it was the students and she wondered how they would easily skip and play without guilt then she recalled herself doing the same a few years back, a smile making its way on her face.

Only when they slowed down at the massive crowds, that she had noticed the warm hand engulfing hers, as it had been for the whole way. She hadn't noted earlier due to the sudden pull and run as if they were teens rushing to skip school and it left her wondering at what he would look like at highschool, how different things would have been if they were friends. She smiled sadly, the image of him in a white shirt and blue panted uniform, his black and blue striped tie loosely tied around his neck, a backpack hanging on his left shoulder held by his hand to keep it from falling at such hurry and the other? Stretched out behind him, holding onto her, tightly but warmly.

Her, in her once neat now messy uniform, a similar backpack on her right, her straight hair swaying around, her bangs probably up in the air as they rushed to grab food and a few coins for the arcade before the school time ended.