Chapter 7.. May The Clouds Bleed

Death had a flair for the dramatics,

He enjoyed the fanfare and the noises.

He's job was an art that he took pride in.

Each kill was a performance.

Its existence brought it no pleasure,

But surely, it would bring destruction at its leisure.

The little girl watched, death dance over the city. It will be awhile before the Lords realized that their nation was overrun with demons and devils. Hells gate was being tampered with. Soon it will be flung open and darkness shall reign over light. The kingdoms shall crumble, and on that day the clouds shall bleed. The child looked up and it rained down blood, until the city was overrun with it.
********************************************

Foolish Girl.

Once again, Lord Iah watched Adria sleep from exhaustion. He really hated saving lives, he preferred the art of taking lives. He was no savior, yet for some reason he kept saving this foolish child. It irked him how weak she was, he couldn't stand damsels in distresses.  He found humor watching them in distress. If he had been any more late, the foolish Princess would have died.

The Oracle had disappeared again -no surprise. She only meddled when it suited her purpose. He had a lot of questions to ask, but he knew deep down she will never answer them - except it suited her purpose of course. She had been right about the rising rebellion, she was usually right about a lot of things.

Valngasia was a pretty fruit with a rotten core.

Someone was trying to bring down the King's rule by instilling fear into the minds of the people. If Eloah's princesses were murdered, there will be fear and chaos. A great time for the Dark One to come in and rule, but he doubted it was the doing of the Dark Ones minions.

A traitor dined with the royal family, and personally he didn't care enough to sift them out. Provided they did not interfere with his plans, he will just sit and watch.

He looked at the sleeping girl once again and he suppressed the urge to shake her. She needed to wake up. It had been three days and he needed answers from her. The vast army of assassins had frozen up during the battle, as still as statues, souless. The soldiers had easily gathered them up and thrown them into the dungeons, but by the next day, they had awoken from their slumber terrified out of their minds. Raving mad.

There was a huge speculation concerning who wielded such blood power. Everyone was curious about it, but he knew who had done it. He had felt the Paliken pull when the spell had been put into effect. He was curious about whether she had tapped into his graces through their linking, or she had finally tapped into hers. The chief d'oro had also sensed that it was done by the child, and in her excitement she had bragged about the child's gifts to her peers, yet careful not to let anyone know that she had done a blood spell. It was a deadly thing to wield such power.

The choosing of next ruler of Valngasia was probably the most important thing right now. She could lead them to a prosperous future or hasten them to destruction. Honestly, he didn't care who won the crowning battles. The Princesses were too weak, they had not proven their worth or shown why females born with Eloah's mark were so important.  None of the Princesses were worthy of the throne.

He groaned as he assessed the candidates. Adria was too weak. She was timid and almost powerless, he hoped she grew a back bone quickly. She had to forget everything she had learned in servitude or she will remain a slave forever. Caged within her mind.