21. Talking In A Friendship

"Jimin! Jimin, Jimin, Jimin, Jimin!" Taehyung was knocking agitatedly at his best friend's door at three in the morning

"Jimin! Jimin, Jimin, Jimin, Jimin!" Taehyung was knocking agitatedly at his best friend's door at three in the morning. It was never something he used to do, but he realised this was his second time doing so in the span of two weeks.

"I swear to God you better have won the lottery or some shit for getting me out of bed at this hour," Jimin's grunt was so loud Taehyung heard it even though the door was closed.

When he opened it, however, Taehyung rushed in, slipping his shoes off and heading straight for the couch, flopping right on it.

"You're so damn lucky I don't have anyone over tonight."

"Jimin what the fuck is wrong with me?" Taehyung's question seemed to come out of nowhere, and Jimin sure was surprised when he asked it. He followed, sitting on the coffee table in front of him.

"Where do I even begin," he joked when he gained his composure, "there's the fact that you can't-" before he could finish his first trait, however, Taehyung lifted himself up to sit appropriately, staring deep into his best friend's eyes. That was when Jimin realised he wasn't joking.

Taehyung's eyes had turned into concrete, something Jimin wasn't used to. The last time he saw this expression on him was when his unloving parents passed away and left the company to him instead of one of his brothers whom he was sure they loved a heck of a lot more.

He was conflicted.

"What happened?" Jimin was the softer one of the two, that was obvious, but even with that quality of his, he didn't have enough practice in this kind of talking aspect of a friendship that he, too, found himself slightly awkward when his words came out in a whisper.

"I don't fucking know, Jimin," he was exasperated, Jimin didn't know what to make of the situation.

"What do you mean, Tae?"

"I just don't know," he shut his eyes tight, "I've never felt this way before."

"Felt what?"

"She's beautiful, Jimin," now it was Taehyung's turn to whisper.

"Huh?"

"I've seen beautiful women," this time when Taehyung opened his eyes, Jimin noticed the concrete had melted and ceased to exist, in its place was mild metallic sand, pleading with him. "Heck, the most beautiful women in the world can never get enough of me, Jimin! But I've never felt like my heart is going to rip out of my ribcage because of them!"

"Tae," Jimin breathed slowly, "breathe, Tae, breathe."

Taehyung shot him an annoyed glare, was that really all he was going to say?

Nonetheless, he listened to him. Because when anything went wrong, Jimin was his brother, his father, his mother, his only lifeline. So, of course, he would do anything he said, it almost always made him better.