Chapter 28

"Sis, you okay?" Daryl says as we walk away from Terminus, to be honest I was just glad I was with Daryl "Yeah, I'm okay

"Sis, you okay?" Daryl says as we walk away from Terminus, to be honest I was just glad I was with Daryl "Yeah, I'm okay... Are you okay?" I say and Daryl looks at me with care in his eyes, "Yeah, as long as you're here...." Daryl says and wraps an arm around my shoulder, I looked up at Daryl and sent him a sad smile. "Will we find a home?" I say, "Yeah, we will.." Daryl says and we continued to walk on. 

After a few hours of walking it got darker, "Dare, I'm tired.." I say as Daryl, Carol and I were sitting by a tree, "Come here" Daryl says and he opens his arms out, I brought myself near Daryl and he wrapped his arm around, I felt my eyes close. I didn't realise how tired I am...

Daryl's POV

I heard Sky's breathing even and I turned my head to Carol "You wanna talk about it?" I say and Carol shifts her head, "No, no I don't..." She says then she turns her head to me, "She adores you.." Carol says and I smile and look down at Skylar, eyes closed. Reminds me when she was little and before the world went to shit, peacefully. 

I suddenly heard leaves rustling, I quickly rested Sky down and grabbed my crossbow holding it up, I sensed someone...Watching..

"Did you see someone watching?" Rick says as I walked beside him, "It was more of a gut feeling" I say and Rick nods then lags behind, "Daryl" I hear Skylar says and she rushes up beside me, "Yeah Sweetie?" I say and I see her smile, "Me and Carl were talking about before and he said that when he was at school they would learn all sorts of things!" she says looking around, "D-Do you think that I would be able to go to school once this is over? Or do something they did at school?" Sky says as she looks up at me.

Suddenly screams for help were heard and Sky stood by my side and Carol was trying to get his Dad to help, Rick gave in and we all ran over to the loud shouts. We all ran over and saw a man struggling on top of a rock, Rick and Carol jump in and I shot a walker that was just about to get Carol. The man climbed down and I turned my head to Sky who was looking at me scared, I stood near Sky making sure he couldn't hurt her. 

"How many walkers have you killed" Rick asks and the Vicar looks around uncomfortably "None.." he says, Rick looks back at us then back to him, "How many people have you killed?" Rick continues, "None..." TheVicar says, a little bit confused. "Why?" Rick says, "The lord doesn't approve of violence." The Vicar says, "Have you got any weapons on you?" Rick says stepping forward, "Does it look like it?" the Vicar says and Rick looks him over, "The lord-".

"We get it, the Lord doesn't like anything that is important." Skylar says, "Have you got a camp?" The Vicar says, "No." Rick says and the Vicar looks at Sky, "Any food?" He says then looks around, "We have some pecans" Carl says as Carl hands them to him. "Thank you..." The Vicar says and there was an uncomfortable silence, "You have a place to stay?" Rick says.

"I have a Church... I'll show you." The Vicar says, we started our way to the Church "My names Gabriel by the way." Gabriel says while walking, Gabriel was talking for quite a bit but we all slowed down when he started to say "Maybe I'm not taking you to the Church, maybe I'm walking you into a trap, so I can take all you squirrels!" he jokes but we all slow down and Rick sends Gabriel a glare.

~Skylar's POV

"Can I hold her?" I say to Carl as he coo's Judith, the others have gone out to get supplies while the kids, and Tyresse were sitting in the Church. "Yeah sure" Carl says and he hands me Judith, I hold her in my arms and I look at her little face, "So, what made you come up with Judith?" I say and Carl leans back into the bench "My old teacher was called Judith, it was a nice name" Carl says and I smile.

"It suits her.." I say as I slightly rock her in my arms, "We're back" I hear Daryl as he opened the doors, he looks at me and smiles. "Lil' asskicker 1 and 2." Daryl says as he came up to me and knelled in front of us. "Which one is which?" I say and Daryl places his hand on Judith's head, "Sky you're number 1..." Daryl says and I smile.

"Carl can you take her.." I ask and he does while I stand up, "Can I talk to you?" I ask Daryl, "Yeah sure." Daryl says and we step near the window, "What's up?" Daryl says and I wrap my arms around him, "Sis?" Daryl says, "Thank you..." I say and Daryl hugs back tighter, "For what?" Daryl says confused, "Being here." I simply say and Daryl rests his head on top of mine. "Could say the same thing." Daryl replies. We pulled apart and I look up at Daryl, "Love you" I say and Daryl smiles "Love you too Sweetie." Daryl replies. 

"Dinner time" I hear Bob say as Rick, Bob, Sasha, Gabriel and Michonne walk in, they all placed the food in one room and they put some food on each plate, I sat down on the bench of the 2nd row and I see Daryl walk towards me with two plates in his hands, he hands me one and then sat down on the bench with me. 

I started to eat away "Sis do you remember when Merle took me and you to work with him?" Daryl says and I smile at the memory, "Yeah, he was busy working on a car and he got grease on his hands, so when he was asleep we put grease on Merle's face so it looked like a tache!" I said then started laughing, Daryl chuckled then continued to eat. "So... We're going to be safe now....Right?" I say and Daryl smiles, "As long as I am here, you'll be safe.."