Chapter 44

Hizashi had told you if you saw a purple cloud appear out of nowhere, it's probably a villain called Kirogiri and that you should run.

Joke's on him, you were already running and when he appeared you stopped. You didn't plan on continuing, wanting to know what this villain—or villains—wanted.

A man came out of the portal. Someone you didn't recognize, but guessed it was villain Kaito because of the description the heroes gave you.

The other heroes always emphasized on villain Lina's pink hair, but Kaito, on the other hand, had a much more defining feature: his red hair.

When you first heard that from your friend Kaito, you just thought it was a red-orange color or Kirishima's hair red, but his hair was so much like fire it scared you.

"I thought the other heroes were catching you," you muttered. The purple cloud changed into a humanoid shape with a metal object in it. "What do you want?"

Villain Kaito—you called him Killto instead—kill and Kaito—gave you a quick shrug, then dodged your attack when you tried to sneakily shoot a sound wave at him.

"We—" Kurogiri started, but then stopped. He turned to Killto. "Never mind, you take care of it here." He dematerialized, leaving just you and Killto.

"Honestly, I just want to make this as quick as possible," Killto said. "It's—"

He suddenly swung his arms at you, and the whoosh cut the air like a knife. You even heard the scraping of two knives together. It caught you off guard and you barely dodged the attack. Your cheek stung and you realized the sound blade had grazed you. Now that you focused on him, you saw that he was holding two knives.

Killto took out a matchbox. You were confused, and you didn't want to know what he was going to use it for. You prepared to use your quirk, but before you could aim right you felt a few flickers of a burning sensation.

Killto had struck a match. The clockwork in your brain turned as you tried to figure out what was going on. Killto tried to light the match again, making a scraping sound, and you felt the same painful, burning sensation of embers on your skin.

You clicked your tongue, attempting to stun him, but it either missed or he was too fast. You raised your arm to aim your sound bullet.

However, you fell to your knees as pain consumed you. It felt like you were burning. You squinted at Killto, and he had a lit match that he held in front of him towards you. The fire matched his hair. He seemed to be concentrating hard.

You screamed. Although there were no flames around you, you knew this was what being burnt alive felt like. You could literally hear the fire around you.

It clicked in your mind. Killto's quirk was that he could make sounds a reality. The scrape of knives, the sound of matches striking, and the sound of fire.

Suddenly, the pain stopped and you felt something wet on your face. Splotches, like bubbles. You heard the light popping of them. You looked over to Killto and saw his confused expression. You couldn't get up, still recovering from the pain.

You heard a loud boom from behind him, as if a large rock dropped down from up high. You didn't see anything, but you heard a familiar line.

"It's fine now," a deep voice called. You paused, trying to look around for the source. It came from everywhere. "Why? Because I am here!"

Wasn't All Might retired? That's what the villain seemed to think as well, looking behind him in both fear and shock, though he tried not to show it.

It was actually Mabel behind him. You gasped, surprised at her determined stance. She wasn't able to mimic male voices as well as female voices, but the All Might line was almost exactly like the number one hero's.

Mason was standing next to her protectively. He must have changed the fire noise into bubbles. It was brave of them, considering they had no offensive abilities at all.

"Hey, Kaito!" Mabel called in her normal voice. "Leave them alone!"

As if that ever worked against a villain, you thought. You aimed your hand, and used your quirk, pushing him off balance. Before he could recover, gray wrappings surrounded the redhead, restraining him.

You relaxed, noticing Shota on the apartment's fire escape. He jumped down, landing between Killto and the twins. His eyes flashed red and his hair floated up, his capture weapon skillfully in his hands. He pulled Killto close and knocked him out with one move.

"[Y/N]!" You heard a voice call. You saw Hizashi running towards you in his hero costume. You shrugged off the fact that it wasn't even ten minutes since the two of you parted and he had changed already. "God I was so worried that this plan wasn't going to work! Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

"Hizashi? What's going on?" You asked. He checked over you carefully.

You looked down to your hands, and thankfully the fire wasn't actual fire around you and left no burn marks.

"We took care of Hami and Lina," Hizashi explained. We didn't know where Kaito was, and I worried he was following you just in case."

"Ectoplasm said he spotted both Kaito and Lina." You frowned. "I should've gone with him; Hami wouldn't have been there."

"It's fine, you already did your part," Hizashi said reassuringly.

You raised an eyebrow, confused. You heard sirens in the distance, most likely the police. The sound reminded you of something as you quickly turned to Mason and Mabel.

They had quietly and nervously walked up next to you and Hizashi. Mabel was only silent because the two of you were talking. However, before she could explode in excitement because Present Mic was there, you asked her seriously.

"What was the thing about Rina?" You tried to keep your voice stable.

Shota answered for them. "It was nothing. I had them call you."

"What?" You were completely confused now, seeing that Mason and Mabel both had twin guilty expressions.

"We'll explain later." Shota grabbed villain Kaito up as Hizashi waved towards the police that arrived.

"We have to file this," Hizashi said to you reluctantly. He gave you a quick kiss. "We'll come back later and explain everything. Promise."

You nodded, still confused but watched as he jogged towards Shota. Kurogiri literally delivered Killto to them, honestly, you thought. They said Hami and Lina were caught, and now Kaito was as well.

Meanwhile, Mason and Mabel stared at you in shock.

"I thought— I thought you were with someone else!" Mabel stuttered.

"I lied. Hisaki Yasuji is a completely made up name." You smiled slightly at Mabel's disappointed and jealous face. Mason was also shocked, having nothing to say. "Do you guys know whatever plan the heroes had?"

"No, sorry," Mason said finally. "We were told to call you and get you over her as quickly as possible. I'm sure Rina is fine though, the heroes are on it."

You didn't tell them that Rina was dead. They didn't deserve the pain and it was better off that they didn't know yet.

You sighed, knowing you couldn't do anything to speed up the process of learning what the hell was going on.

"Where's our Lina and Kaito?" you asked, slowly walking towards the apartment.

"Inside. Lina let us stay for a while so that we didn't need to book a hotel. Not sure what they're doing now."

You nodded, barely listening. You had relaxed a bit after hearing from everyone that some of the villains were caught, but you were still worried. You paused before walking in the apartment, deciding to go home instead.

"I'll head home," you told the twin. "I'll visit some other time once I know everything."

"'Kay," Mabel said. "Tell us about it later."

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter music question!
Can you rap?