Interview

Hello everyone

Hello everyone. All of us here at Team Of Dreams thought we'd take the time to answer some questions about our own individual writing lives. We thought it would be a great time for you guys to get to know us a little better!

What is your writing routine?

Sky: I don't believe I have a specific routine or one at all really. Whenever I have the time, I write. Nothing more, nothing less.

Luli: Prior to starting graduate school, I had a routine of writing at least 500 words a day, which would total to around 3,500 words a week. Now, I try to set aside at least one hour on Saturdays and Sundays to meet my posting deadlines. Sometimes, I end up writing more on one day than the other but I feel that something is always better than nothing!

Yvonne: Due to various factors in my life, I get up very early in the morning and have a few hours to myself. That's when I write (both for myself and the team). I try to write something every day... it doesn't matter what, I just want to keep up the habit.

Naomi: Honestly, my writing routine has changed drastically recently. A month ago, I had a job that didn't take up much of my time, which meant I wrote whenever I pleased. Now that I've started a full-time degree, I don't have that luxury anymore. What I do now is write whenever I have a moment: on the commute to school, in the evenings after I've finished my homework, or on the weekends. I do make sure to write for at least 15 minutes every day. Sticking with such a habit helps me to get things done before the (posting) deadline.

What do you like most about your genre?

Sky: So, I don't write in just one genre. I usually move around a lot with what I write, but what I like most about those genres are all the possibilities. I'm able to write what I want by still staying in the guidelines of that genre.

Luli: I have such a fascination with mythology and learning about other cultures so my genre really satisfies that need to learn more and explore other cultures. Something that I like within mythology are the relationships between the gods and goddesses. It's always fun to provide my own interpretation and satisfy my need to write some fluffy romance.