Fabled Fairies

Balancing on the tips of his toes, Arthur leaned over the side of a rather large hutch thanks to the help of a salmon stepping stool that dipped slightly in the middle, causing Arthur to raise he guard and be wary for the tell tail snap that was almost certain to sound. On closer inspection of the boy you could see that the stool almost possessed almost the sameness shades of his elbows which were being torn apart due to the constant rubbing of wood against it as he fluffed up a mixture of both straw and sawdust, attempting to border the sides.

Arthur had been focusing on plumping up the hutches's fillings in order to better maintain heat and comfort for Crumpet during an incoming storm determined to come sometime within the next few days from what the news and mismatched weather patterns had told him. Although it wasn't a guaranteed happening, as the predictions of a storm hitting had long since passed, Arthur didn't want to risk his new friend's safety purely because the weather couldn't make up it'a mind.

Looking to his side, the Englishman could see Crumpet lazily hopping in the pen beside him, leaping from place to place to nibble on the slightly overgrown grass, more interested in her food then what her owner was doing at the time.

Giving his feet a rest from being in such a stiff position for so long, Arthur fell back onto the heel of his boots, wincing slightly as he rubbed at the sores under his cloak in false hopes it would help soothe the stinging pain that resided there.

Taking a moment to lean against the cage and rest, the only thought that made sure he could continue with his work was the fact that his punishment was almost over, the last task being to arrange Crumpet's sleeping quarters. This was a job Arthur would have gladly taken anyway as he didn't trust either of his brothers anywhere near something as small and fragile as a bunny, a sheep was one thing and a rabbit was very much another.

Turning to a nearby chair the blond reached down and picked up an old water bottle Dylan had been gifted by one of their regular customers after they had seen Alistair working in the hutch one morning ( which they had to do in the front as Shawn, who was Dylan's beloved sheep, would get riled up by the noise ).

Following his back garden's cobbled path, he stolled up to his kitchen door, enjoying the gentle whisper of leaves as the biting wind swept past, bringing along with it the smell of petrichor. Pushinh inside he was met with the sight of his twelve year old brother seated on top their counter, munching happily on a muffin with the shriek of their rusted kettle sounding behined him.

At the moment he could see the boy was wearing a thick blue dressing gown which was littered with small holes and traces of stitching after being passed down from one brother to the next, it was strange to think that one day Arthur would be big enough to inherit the scrap of fur known as a dressing gown - of course, he could always by a new one, but the tradition was already in motion and they were always on the save. Because for whatever reason, things always seemed to break or go missing and when they weren't the family was trying to upgrade their furniture and overall make living an easier endeavour.

Eyes meeting for a brief moment, Arthur quickly diverted his attention towards the sink, refusing to show any signs that acknowledge the brunet's presence, for he was still quite upset about the punishment given, even though deep down he did feel slightly guilty about what he had done.

As it turns out, trying to ignore someone was an impossible task when undergoing the constant feeling of eyes gouging themselves into the back of his head, making hairs stand on the back of his neck at the feeling.