Chapter Five

Lerato's POV

It was in the sunset hours, Kay and I are walking around the quiet streets to the sort of suburb areas where we would usually sit around the lake feeling the breeze while we are on our phones. I don't know but I just feel that sunsets are not complete if there is no dust hanging in the air, some birds going to their nests, and yeah I just kicked a rock and am currently laying on my back watching Kay laugh fucking hard as I try not to cuss at her. My emotional load is so hella heavy any physical pain can trigger my tears.

Have you ever heard the phase 'I am your sister and I will always pick you up if you fall, after I finish laughing,' something like that? Well that was Kay, just that his laughs are prolonged and divided in real laugh like tummy hurting laugh, the I will add this to my list of shitty things you've done laugh where he is imitating what just happened, and the laugh where he is annoying you by apparently wiping away tears and making that single laugh thing that makes him sound like a puppy. Despite me getting into a sitting position somewhere at second laugh my knee was still kind of sore for me to walk.

So am like "Ok, may you please pull my leg so I can get my whatever that moved in position sitting here ain't fun." And then just like that he pulls my leg and even gets me to my feet. Can someone smack my face and tell me to spit this out.

Just in a few minutes, we are approaching the recreation centre gates, we could like feel the breeze from here. So am like ; "Mom is not my biological mom". He turns and looks at me with the you kidding right look and he is like, "Today isn't the 1st of April." So am like," Am dead serious. "

"When did she tell you that?"
"Plus minus a month ago." By now we are walking around the lake and I am plaiting the edges of my brains while he digest what I just said to him.
"Wait, is this why you were being all over the place this whole time?" And am like, "Yeah."

"The eff, what do you think will do then if you are not her biological daughter? It's not even like she is Mama's biological sister or something."
" I sort of that but I mean you never know after all."
"Well for record, siblinghood doesn't have to be blood relation then." I seriously don't know how I feel right now. It's a type of relief filled with excitement but also a tons of graffiti that signify the unpredictability of what comes next.

"For whatever reason they keep that from you while you were young though. And now that I am thinking of it also, I never saw a video of you as a new born of her pregnant." 

We finally arrived at the benches and took a seat at the most isolated benches possible. "It's a long story, plus she doesn't like telling it. It's one of the darkest moments of her life. And just like I was going all up down right left under and on top of telling you, so she was. She was apparently still bracing herself for the possibilities of me acting different about her not being my mom mom. You know how she is, trying to not making me hate my mom mom and what not and still trying to make me love her as my mom. I feel her, and am so grateful she just told me in her all honesty state, all emotional and stuff. You should try crying with her sometime. " I say trying to ease the mood a little bit.

When I look at this thing it's wiping a tear. There is no way I will cry over this again. I take my phone and start snapping him crying and yeah am laughing like a psycho. Not that it doesn't get to me the whole thing, I am actually trying to drown my emotional persona that is about to peak in a stupid heartless brat I always cover up with my sensitive me with.

He too switches up to his jerk suit and chase me down. I thought he was going to grab my phone and delete it but then, he wraps my tiny body in his huge arms. "I know you want to cry but you just pulling it of stupid thing. Cry Lee, its fine. Your tears are worth more than any fragrance, let it out." And just like that my tears are on some marathon game, the fuck. This jerks need a dam with fucking strong gates. 

I don't know how long that was until realised I was snapping so basically this whole thing is on a social media platform all thanks to my brat persona. Wait, the eff, where is my phone. I pull out of the hug and this jerk is holding the phone just above my head filming the whole thing. I am crushed for real this time. What else can I do, am here jumping trying to reach my phone that he is holding way up. Screw my genes for this curse of a height, no actually screw his genes for his abnormal growth.

"Kay please. You know I love you right. May I please have our phone big brother." And by now I have a fucking huge smile on my face.
"Give me a genuine smile if you want your phone." I feel so helpless fight now. Do I even have a choice? I do as instructed but I am seriously just paper thick from crying. He lowers the phone and hands it to me. It's only after we were sitting on the swings that I noticed Mom and Mommy firming this whole thing from a distance.

"The fuck, are you part of this?" Khalil looks at me confused like, 'what are you talking about?'
"What thing?" I point him in their direction and his like, "Shit, no wonder they hugged us like we were going to pre-school. Check if you are bugged. " I check pockets just to find a bugging device in my shirt pocket and then Kay finds one in his jeans pocket.
" I am officially selling mothers you people." I exclaim and they just start laughing real hard but with tears clouting their vosions.