Chapter Six

Khalil's POV

Like broo, the marshmallows! I was filming this whole thing to get back at Lee for making me carry her from the car back at home. Now how am I going to make a big deal of this clip if am exposed in the other one. The whole way back home consisted of Mom and Mama laughing like teens headed to a party. I swear am jealous of this two. Like how does one find this type of friend in this world? This guys are like, I don't know, twins isn't significant enough even. This lady, as in now Mom, loves me just like her very own. I remember when I will come home with only one shoe, Mama will be dead pissed and I swear this lady could have killed me if she ever got her hands on me, Mom will be there to save me.

It was like I will stop by her mom's house and tell her how sorry I am that I lost the shoe. She will like not give me that months allowance, ok not allowance allowance, just like maybe fifty bucks plus to buy a toy or save up for something say a birthday present or something. Mama didn't know about me not getting my allowance so she was always like, "You are spoiling this thing. Who will be there to buy him new shoes if he got nothing to loose..." and stuff, we be looking at each other like 'we should let her vent for now.' She is my best female big friend sort of.

In no time we are hopping off the baby. I swear this Jeep is the best. It's like black with pink rims, like this deep pink and this dark like night dark black. The comfort in it God! So I climb off and smack Lee on the head as I head out, that's when I realised we were at our celebration café. Actually it's Dad's café but we just act like normal customers. We like gather at this other spot at the back of the store and wait for the waitress or waiter to come, I hate how the act like we are some inspectors when Mom is around, and she does.

They take our orders and then Mom starts bringing up the Lee adoption thing and Lee and I are like Mhhmhh, we just got our shit together after some dump ass crying and you here with it again. Not to mention she cries when talking about this whole thing.

So Am like, "Mom, we don't want to cry again. Not to mention you might cry too. And you know what happens when the strong trees lose their branches to wind the small ones will be history."
"Am positive I will be fine, and as for you, why do you have two moms here tonight?" "Can we at least go home, this people will make a video and put it on social media." "The café is closing in like ten minutes or so soo, calm down young man." Helpless and defeat don't feel good combined I tell you. You kind of feel ashamed a little bit but in a magnified version.

Awkward could have described the environment we are in now but instead it's just a beautiful moment where everyone is in their thoughts trying to formulate how to ask the burning questions in them brains. Expect for them, they are probably praying for some questions not to be asked and trying the formulate answers that will satisfy our curious personalities. Mom was the first to speak up, "Ok, am done with this silence. Shoot them questions. " Lee and I look at each other with a look that says start. As usual we look at each other in competition to whoever gives up start asking, until Mama says, "Kay start."
"What !? Why me?"
"That's out of today's topic thank you. Next question." I look at her like, Lady Please.

Well I start asking my questions. I got served what I asked for. Where do I start. That Mom has complications with getting pregnant and that Paa was not the harsh man we think he is. Paa is now Lee's dad, while my Dad is just Dad. So apparently Mom was so depressed when she realised she had such a complication. She apparently even went abroad for a while just to get herself together. According to her, what hurt her the most was not the inability to have babies, but the fact that she could not provide her husband with one.

As usual, she only talked about it after her return, that is to Mama. Mama being her, went and told Paa. Which was a solution because Paa was actually very understanding and supportive, not to mention her concern wasn't even true. Paa then suggested she gets Lee.

You ever hear things you never knew about yourself. Like if you look closely at what happened in the past you might connect the dots and be like maybe but still. Well the shocking thing was that Lee was the person asking about things that happened way before she was born even. So I am sitting there listening to my life story being described and it is as if you are listening some of those physiologist theories.

So I am discovering that I was a result of a one night stand even. I was aware that my mom got pregnant with me when she was in school and that my dad was supportive. I didn't ask about what happened or how it happened. So today am overhearing that my parents were not even dating when she got pregnant with me. Not to mention my dad was Mom's boyfriend. At this point I was about to stand up and go home. Mom, God this woman, chased me down like a kid, engulfed me in a tight grip and directed me to sit my ass down.

I am here avoiding my mother's eyes as I possibly can. I force my goofy face at Mom and she is like, "She didn't know he was my boyfriend because I never told her. Plus there are no hard feelings, your Dad and I were just a pair of trying out the dating stuff because my mom thought I was lesbian." Ok. I am here trying to digest what just got dumped on my ear drums right now. Like the hell!?? I look at Lee and she has this other content facial expression and I am like, the eff. She knew this all along. "Fix your jaw 'big brother' Want some coffee?"