Chapter seven

Lerato's POV

It's a Monday morningand the usual unfolds. As I head downstairs to have my breakfast I find Paa inthe kitchen drinking his tea and reading a newspaper and for all I know I just want to hug him. I don't know what happened, next minute I have my arms around his neck and my chin rests on his shoulder, "Morning Paa." As expected, he was surprised, I usually just give him a pat on the shoulder and say morning as am like inches away from the kitchen table.

"Morning Lee, is everything alright?"
"Yeah, it is. Would you mind me driving you to play basketball with me today after hours?"
"Umm, wait, you are asking as if I can trust you with my life on a busy crappy Monday on the busy town's roads for a basketball mini game? To what do I owe the miracle?"
"To the fact that you are such a great person who doesn't show people how good they are for reasons unknown to me."

"The eef...ficiency, your Mom spilled crap. Lee I've always liked you. You are my baby girl, my princess. Now you better go to school before I chase your late bones out of here."
"Paa, that was 'the fuck' right?"
"Jeez, I take back my words. You are my demon."
We laugh in unison as I head to get my breakfast. As I walk to the main gate I look up to say bye to Mom just to see her sitting on the stairs with a huge smile plastered on her face. This lady filmed the incident. I just ran out of the house, leaving her laughing and shouting goodbye to me.

Exams were about to commerce and that entailed that most of your lessons were free, not free like cancelled but we are just not being taught. In short, that entails that I am in for days of Kay annoying the hell out of me and my friends talking to me.

Ok, don't get me wrong, I like my friends and I try to not treat them according to my moods but sometimes I just don't need them around. There are just times you don't want to talk to someone actually anybody, you not angry at them you just don't want to talk. That accounts to why am at the sports field reading a novel. Usually I will either read a novel, study or write something if I am not drawing. I was feeling my achievement until the devil grabbed my book from my hands and sat across me.

"You really should step up your hiding strategies."
"Your ass knows too well I don't want to talk to you and here you are."
"And who says I am here to fulfil your wish?"
"Who donated their audacity to you again? You sure have it in excess."
"Whoever donated their beauty to you I think."
"Ok, now jerk off." Thank God am black, so I am saved from the blushing embarrassment.
"The fact that you insult when you blush though." What the eff? And then this jerk just know me like the back of their hand. No like he is playing soccer.

Immediately after school was out, according to the bell, Kay was standing outside our classroom making stupid goofy faces that I could hardly resist and thanks to him I got a drilling look from the teacher in class prepping us about the upcoming exams. When she was done, stupid Kay was still outside making goofy faces and yes she caught him red handed deforming his face when she stepped out of the class.

"You Okay son?" She asks him really worried cos according to the teachers, and I quote that, Peterson is a calm and collected learner who is very kind and respectful. "Yes Ma'am, just waiting for my little sister."
"I didn't know you have a sister here. Who is she?"
"Lerato Johnson. Ou, and here she comes."
"I am sorry Lerato for the look. It supposed to be for this gentlemen. I wouldn't have kept it in if I were you either. And Mr Johnson, one day you will do that face and it will be your new face for life."

" At least finally someone has an idea of what monster you are."
"I would say I wish I would be getting the smile she gets from you when you found us talking."
"Now if you could just shut up 'big brother'. Kay, I am going to play basketball with Paa, will you mind joining us?" And this moron is just there not answering me so I slap his nape. "Auch, you just told me to shut up remember? And yeah am in." The best I can do is roll my eyes.