Chapter 5 Of the bicker of Dwarves and Elves

Chapter 5 Of the bicker of dwarves and elves

"Well now that we are free I shall be off!" Said the dwarf.

"Where shall you go?" Asked Karros mounting Thunder who was kept safe by Respen.

"I am trying to find a man named Theol."

Karros smiled. "Let me guess, you are a Durnian from the dwarf division. You have been told to find and kill Grok."

            “How do you know of this human?” Gammerforth asked, eyeing the man suspiciously.

            “My friend Respen here is from the elf division. His task is the same.”

            “Why did they give the task to an elf and a dwarf? Tell me elfling, when did you get your task?”

            “About a week ago, when did you?” said Respen twirling an arrow in his fingers.

            “Same!” This means…”

            “They meant for us to work together! I left early so they could not inform me about a dwarf aiding me!” said Respen. “If I had knew I would have hoped for better.”

            “What is that supposed to mean elfling! You claiming I am not worthy of my quest?” said Gammerforth who had a tight grip on his battle axe.

            “My name is Respen. Call me that.”

            “I’ll call you what I want elfling.”

            “Then so shall I hot head.

            “Enough!” retorted Karros. “I can see why they separated the elf division from dwarf division. The Durnians don’t want a civil war! Calm down and let us work together to kill Grok. Understood?”

            “Aye! Now tell us human, what do you know about the vile Grok?”

            “My name is Karros, call me that please.”

            “Because you said please I will call you Karros.”

            “Thank you. Now, we already got some… information on Grok’s whereabouts. He is in the northern parts of Asura Mountains. Theol is dead, but he told us this before he died. We do not know if he told us the truth but it is our only lead.”

            “Very well, let us be off then!”