Gopi Vallabh

An OS describing the love of gopikas for Lord Krishna and their longing, their selflessness and why Lord Krishna is called Gopi vallabh.

Gopikas were an important part of Lord Krishna's braj leela.

What's so special about Gopis?

When Uddhavaji visits Braj bhoomi and tries to make them learn about the God, the Parabrahm Shri Krishna in Soordasji's words they answer :-

HUM YOG KAHA RAKHE YAHA ROM ROM SHYAM HAI.

means we have no idea how to practice Yoga or niyam (yog, meditation, vrat, rules) because our whole existence is Lord Krishna alone. We can't do anything except for loving Lord Krishna. Now let's start with the story.

___________________________________________

Gopis were the devotees of Lord Krishna who loved him in Madhurya bhakti Bhaw

Gopis were the devotees of Lord Krishna who loved him in Madhurya bhakti Bhaw. Their every breath belonged to Lord Krishna alone. No matter where they were what they were doing they were always remembering lord Krishna. They'd completely transcended the limits of Body and with Krishna bhakti they had purified themselves to the point that Every single second of their life was dedicated to Lord Krishna. Do they know about Lord Krishna being God, probably yes probably No.

To them Lord Krishna was just Krishna their preetam. Do they think they deserved his love , Actually they didn't really want even his love or his company, they just wanted to love him.

There is a mention of above sentiment when Gopis talk about the divine couple Radha and Krishna.

One gopi said to other gopi , "Don't you feel bad when you see that the Person we love loves Our sakhi (Radha)?"

The other Gopi replied "You also love Krishna , what about you?"

The first Gopi said - "Seeing Shri Krishna happy with Radha makes me happy. Seeing our Radha happy with Krishna also makes me happy. If I get to see both of them smiling this way as if no problem could ever touch them then I will do my best to organize their meeting every moment of my life. Even if I never get to talk to Kanha this happiness of his means much more to me then anything else."

The other Gopi replied all of us feel the same.

The way they loved Lord Krishna is undescribable. The following lines of Gopi Geet show case that feeling.