Past, present and future

Prompt : Arrange marriage.
Animation credit : Choices game
Video : Thousand years by Christina George.
Written for Arranged marriage prompt organised by writting club.

Cast

Jaya

Jaya

Krishna

Krishna

---------------------------------------------------------

Wedding is a beautiful bond. A bond that expects commitment of life time but to Jaya and Krishna it was the only way to satisfy their families. To be honest relations are often expected to work both ways but in their case not just love but even wedding was one sided.

JAYA 's pov

When I had first seen Krishna it was quite difficult to maintain my cool in front of him. He was a perfect person in every way expected.....

Great businessman, hard working, bold and confident. Infact his aura was so unique that in his presence anyone would forget his problem. He held himself like a king and invoked positivity everywhere he would go. When I first saw him it was quite strange that a man like him would decide to meet a girl like me for marriage.

I had never felt more proud about my family's choice until now. Looks wise he was charming. At 5'10 he had dusky skin,long brown curls that reached his neck, divine look and well built physique. To be honest he could make anyone crazy with his swag but his eyes were empty.

His eyes showed no passion or happiness. It felt like he was physically there but mentally elsewhere. Looking at his eyes I can imagine of some loss that he endured and with that loss his life had become stationary.

It was love at first sight for me no matter how much my heart was Screaming that he doesn't even belong here let alone to me. He didn't say a single word. Not even asked my name or my qualifications or about my job. I was sure their family will say no but it was not the case.

1 week later:

I was pacing nervously in my garden area. I actually belonged to middle class family and my house was not that great. Varshney family (Krishna's) were known for their technological advancement. They did business in development of science and technology. They were famous but very down to earth. Krishna's mother and father wanted to find him a girl who would be able to endure and struggle even in case of hard circumstances, someone who is not interested in money and can live in absence of resources that's why they wanted a common girl to be their daughter in law.