Chapter 7

CAM’S POV

Was Soph still mad about the sand incident? Her ignoring me is driving me crazy! Maybe I should pull her next to me and talk to her during the movie? UGH! Why can’t I let thi- “Are you gonna grab your pillows and blanket?” Harry asked I looked at him and said “Yeah, sorry, I spaced out.” Harry ignored me and just left with his bed spread. I scoffed but followed after him. Right when I walked out of my room, Soph walked out of her room across from mine. I just stood there; staring at her while she looked up and noticed my gaze. She stiffened noticeably and I realized that she was putting up her walls. I took a step forward but she stepped to the side and started to walk away. I sighed and went after her. I grabbed her arm but she just pulled it away, not rough but slowly and gently, like it hurt her to do so. I was honestly hurt by her gesture but I could tell she had a good reason because her eyes were emotionless, which only happened when she didn’t want to seem weak. My hand slowly dropped back to my side. She just walked away after that, leaving me wishing she would at least look at me.

SKY’S POV

Harry was a little bit distant with me but he was still as charming as ever. “Hey wanna sit with me?” Harry suggested wiggling his eyebrows. I sighed saying “Sorry bud, I think Soph needs me at the moment.” We both looked over at a depressed Sophie. I frowned and couldn’t grasp why she was so sad. I walked over to her to see if she wanted to talk. She ended up spilling everything to me and I finally understood. She thought that Cam was saying that she wasn’t worth his time. I giggled a little before saying “Did you hear the part where he said he was jealous of Brent?” She shook her head. “But even if he was jealous, it still hurts the way he said ‘why would I like her? She’s just Soph, my best friend’s little sister.’ ” I nodded understanding her thoughts. She exhaled saying she didn’t wanna talk about it anymore. I changed the subject by asking “What movie do you wanna watch?” She shrugged and said “hm.. perhaps a chick flick?” I grinned and said “Ok, I’ll go tell the guys.”