Chapter 2

Sammy and I have been dating for a few months now. I finally got the balls to tell her how I felt this past year. I'm glad I did. She's amazing. I've had a crush on her since the third grade, but never acted on my feelings. I was always concerned, she didn't feel the same way and I didn't want to jeopardize our friendship. We have a long history. We have always been there for each other.

I wish I would have known sooner, instead of dating these random chicks. No one seemed to fill that empty void in my heart except for Sammy.

She was always there for me. My aunt Sara passed away from breast cancer a few years ago. We were very close. Till this day I don't know what I would have done without her. She didn't have to say anything. She just held my hand and gave me a hug when I needed it. I swear she always knows what I am thinking.

I am really worried about her. She scared the sh*t out of me today. I thought I was going to have to take her to the hospital. I'm such an idiot for bringing it up. I never liked that tool she was dating. I couldn't put my finger on it, but there was something off about him. I remember that night as if we're yesterday. It's still pisses me off. Sammy called me hysterically crying. I knew something awful happened that night, but really didn't want to pressure her for details. It really would have just made her feel worse. The anguish I felt when I found her that night. Her eyes were a mix of fear and pain. I knew it wasn't good, but I left it alone and carried het back to my car without saying a word. I feel tightness in my chest every time I think about it.

We finally arrived at school, and I still held her hand. She seemed better. Her cheeks are back to a light shade of pink. She turned pale after I asked her what happened with that guy. I am glad she is feeling better.

Gosh she was stunning, and she doesn't even realize the affect she has on the guys. My buddy Kyle ran into his locker the other day, because he was too busy checking Sammy out. It was hilarious.

We finally pulled into the parking spot of our school. We both went to Garden city High School. I reached for her hand as we walked to school. She is so cute, she was blushing. She knows I'm crazy about her. I would do anything for this girl. I've loved her from the moment we met. Yes, corny I know, but it always seemed right with her.

We walked into school and I swear I could feel everyone's eyes were on us. This is a typical day for us. When we went public with our relationship, we were the hot topic of high school gossip. We really don't care. I just find it amusing people don't have anything better to talk about. I walked her to class and gave her a peck on the lips. Her cheeks got a little pink as the teacher stepped out before the bell rang and saw us.

"I'll see you later." and I walked to my class, which was literally next door.

The day went on pretty quickly. After all of our classes ended, I met Sammy by her locker. It was Friday and I really wanted to take her on a date.

"Hi Sammy." I said with a grin.

"Hey." She smiles and pulls me in for a kiss."

"Um... so I was wondering do you want to do something tonight." I asked.

"I would love that, but would it be cool if we ordered in and watched a movie? I'm feeling a little out of it from track." She said.

She did look really tired. "Are you feeling ok? I felt her forehead and she was a a little warm.

"Johnny, I'm fine. Just a little tired."

"Ok Netflix it is." We both laughed at the same time. Watching Netflix was always a favorite. We were always so busy with school and sports that sometimes it was cool to just chill.