Chapter 7

I stood there shocked.  I wiped the sweat off my face and didn't know what to say or do. I couldn't move.  I never knew. I always thought we were having fun.  I thought that's what she wanted.  She never asked for anything more from me.  Monique was always so cool and never gave me a hard time.  Now she's locked herself in my bathroom crying her eyes out.  I feel like such a dick.

I got up from the bed and walked over to the bathroom door.  I took a deep breath and then proceeded to knock on the bathroom door.   "Monique...please come out.  We need to talk.  Please sweetheart."

I heard the lock turn,  then the door opened. Monique stood in front of me completely dressed with swollen eyes.  I could see the hurt and anger behind them. 

"I'm sorry Tony, but I can't do this anymore.  I thought I could come over for old times sake and have fun with you, but I want more and I'm not sure that's what you want.

I thought for a moment.  I've honestly never thought about having a relationship with Monique.  She always was fine with what I could give her.  I knew I was being selfish.  I still wanted her.  I know if I said no she would disappear on me.  I honestly needed her in my life.  I'm not sure where it will go, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

"I'm willing to give us a try.  I always thought it was enough. You never said anything to me.  But I guess I see your point.  My head was some place else.  What do you think?"

She stared at me in disbelief.  She was somewhat shocked.  She wasn't expecting that. I could tell.  Her cheeks turned really pink. It was cute.

"Really?  I never thought you would consider us. I mean your heart was always somewhere else."

"Look if I'm being honest. I want you in my life, so i am willing to give us a chance. I've known you for a very long time.  Your smart, funny, and sexy as hell, so yeah I'm in." So to be clear.  Your my girl and no one else can have you. Got it?  I don't like to share.  Also next time, just talk to me and tell me what you are feeling.  I can't read minds, ok?"

"Ok Tony.  I'm willing to give it a shot too. I've always wanted to be more than what we are."

"You mean what we were. I'm all in.  Let's see where this goes."

She finally started to smile.  She came up to me and wrapped her arms around me and nodded.  Thank God.  All this serious talk is giving me a headache.  But I think it's time for a fresh start....maybe I needed a distraction to finally forget about Sammy.  Monique certainly was.  God her body.. I'm getting turned on just thinking about it.

"So how about we go back to bed now that we sorted this out. I'm still not done." I smirked.

She laughed. Grabbed my hand and dragged me into the shower...well damn this is going to be a fun night.

A few hours later we were both exhausted.  We laid in bed wrapped in each other's arms.  She was asleep and I was  staring at my ceiling.  I am not sure what I was thinking when I agreed to this.  Maybe it will blow up in my face. I don't know.  I just can't keep obsessing about the past.  I do owe Sam an apology.  I don't even think she will talk to me.  Who knows. 

Monique was fast asleep.  It was past 8 and I didn't want to wake her. Although I wasn't sure if she had to go to work tomorrow.  She could just crash here.  We had an incredible night.  She certainly surprised me.  After the shower, we made our way to every wall in my apartment and then ended up on the couch.  She was bent over and I enjoyed the view from behind as I thrusted myself into her over and over again.  I enjoyed hearing her scream my name as I watched her body shake from the multiple orgasms.  I aim to please.  I chuckle.

She is exhausted and to tell you the truth I like her in my bed with my arms wrapped around her incredible body.  I gave her one of my t shirts and a pair of boxers and she just passed out.

I got up to use the bathroom and I kept hearing a cell phone go off.  I was looking around and finally found it under the couch.   There must have been 20 text messages.  Most of them consisted of "Bitch where are you.  Where not over.  We never will be."

What the fuck.  Who is this tool?  I need to talk to her about this when she wakes up.  If we are going to be a thing I need to know who this prick is.  Besides I am not one to take any crap and I sure as hell won't let anyone threaten my girl. 

I'm so possessive. I've always been.   It gets me into a lot of trouble because I had anger issues for years.  I started going to therapy after the incident with Sam.  That was that worse night of my life. Probably for her as well.  I was such a dick.   I need to make amends, but first who the fuck is this guy leaving all these nasty messages on Monique's phone.  I need to find out.