{25}-A Distant Kind Of Love

Annabeth POV

THREE WEEKS LATER

"Please be careful with that box." Annabeth pointed to the thin box the mover carried into the truck. Their apartment, one they had spent almost a year and a half in was strangely empty.

She would miss those days.

Now they had bought a small house on the very edge of the ocean, just a couple of yards from the beach.

Now of course her friends knew of her money and power.

But all they knew was that Athena was dead and some of the money had been given to me.

Not the whole God damn company. 

The day has gone slow and steady, movers we hired to carry the couches, chairs and large furniture into the truck. Hazel picks up a small box of cords and a bottle filled with dirty paintbrushes and moves them into her green paint stained backpack. 

"Hey, you good?" Piper bumps me with+ her shoulder like a overfriendly cat. I nod with a certain weakness. 

"Okay I guess but this virus is killing me." I hugged my chest, throwing up 24/7. Piper frowned in sympathy. 

"Do you need some Advil?" She looked at me with a certain curiosity, like I couldn't quite place the fact she was questioning something in her head. 

"No. I'm good Pipes, after this we fly back to Los Angeles and move in. Are we staying with your dad?" I ask and look at her choppy brown braids. A pale placid look crosses her face, a certain twitchy nervousness. 

"Um..Yeah. Dad told me we could stay as long as we need." 

"Great, I'm gonna check our flight plans." I turn the corner into my old bedroom and pick up my phone. I lied, not checking my flight plans. I checked them three hours ago. I loved to fly. It made me think of Jason and Thalia, but Thals hated heights. 

I dial in the number and wait for the Los Angeles ICU Private Clinic to pick up. I hate the sound of ringing phones. It makes me mad. And annoyed, severely annoyed. 

The same perky nurse picks up the phone and answers with a certain sweetness. 

"Yes, LA ICU Clinic speaking." Her short and sweet voice sounds through my smart phone. 

"Yeah its Annabeth Chase, do you have ANY news on Thalia Grace?" 

Theres a crackling, annoying silence, pushing my tolerance up a notch. I wait a singular moment for the woman to reapsond and when she does, my heart starts to beat quickly, like I'm working out or running. It's making my skin itch. 

"We put her on oxygen at night and just a few minutes ago we saw her hand jerk to the side a little which means great improvement in her state." 

"Good, that means the world to me." 

"Ms. Chase?" The nurse says after a second of silence. 

"Yes Ma'am?" I respond quickly and another shot of worry spikes my blood. 

"There is a Zeus Olympic requesting your presence here within ten days. He told the head doctor to tell you as soon as you called next." She says quickly and quite nervously. Obviously she knows who that is.

"Y-yeah of course." I manage through the flurry of quick thoughts penetrating my thick skull. "Thank you." I add and hang up. My hands shake, another quake of salvia hitting my mouth, the sickening feeling in my stomache and the odd taste in my mouth. I clutch the edge of the bed, grippin it tight enough that my knuckles turn an odd shade of feigned white. 

My mind thinks before anything and I find my legs in a flurry ahead of me, rushing to the bathroom just down the hall. I 'm leant over the toielt, my hair in a messy bun behind, trailing on my shoukders soflty. 

I puke in the toilet, wrenching my gut out. 

I hear those footsteps of Piper's behind me, standing over me, her shadow over my own. 

"Third time this morning? Honey I have an idea." Piper rustles through a clear box that hasn't bee packed yet. She throws a couple of things on the ground, hair ties and toe clippers. Finally she hands the box to me. 

"No." I whisper, unsure of what might come from this. 

"Try it." 

Ten Minutes Later

I'm sobbing. Curled into a tight ball, crying and crying. My hairs a mess and my face a brilliant crab shell red. 

I don't care aymore, nothing matters anymore. My life is offically turned upside down. How I am I going to do this? How I am going to run a company? How am I going to he an Olympian, people will think of me as a slut? That girl. 

Hazel and Piper knock on the door. For a split second I want them to go away. But tere going to find out somehow. 

"Whats wrong?" They ask as they come in. Piper's eyes widen at my crying face, Hazel looks terribky confused and slings the green bag off her shoulder and onto the bathroom floor. 

I point to the stick on the floor in front of me. 

Hazel picks it up and reads the lines. She drops it in a clatter, her beautiful golden eyes gone wide with shock. 

"Your......" 

"Pregnat? Check." I sobb into my shirt, ashamed of my actions. 

Piper moves closer and wraps an arm around my shoulder and lifts my chin into th air. 

"Annie, the father? Is he in the picture?" 

"I don't plan on it. I don't want him as the father of my baby, much less the 'dad'." I sniffle and make air quotes with my hands. 

"When did this happen?" 

"During vaction." 

"And who's the father, as we're your best friends we got to know." 

"Not yet...just not now." I groan and lean my head on the cabinet. 

How am I going to tell them Percy is the father of my child?

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

WAIT WAS THAT A GOOD CLIFFY? 

WAS IT? 

WORD CONT

1001