A Wolf And Swan

"You stupid idiot— you tainted his pure mind?!" Haeun rages as Taehyung looks back helplessly from my furious face to Haeun's deadly one.

"Hey— I told him to say it when someone was being mean to him." He says it defensively as Jimin glances nervously at the fight he'd accidentally caused.

"Besides, it did come in kind of handy at the end, didn't it...?"

His voice fades away when he notices Haeun glaring at him.

"Jimin!" He calls, stealing nervous glances towards Haeun's direction. "Don't say that anymore, okay? It's really bad!"

Then the instructor slams his sticks together for attention, and we all fall quiet as we watch the man stride out into the middle of the stage.

I couldn't believe how many people were participating for a chance at the all-expense paid trip. I didn't blame them— not at all.

Not when it was to World Dance Academy.

And ever since the principal had opened the competition to other schools as well, the number had grown exponentially.

Jimin seems uncertain.

"The Preliminaries for the Annual Spring Competition will be held in exactly two weeks from now!" He announces, eyes slitted at the murmuring students.

"Out of the one hundred dancers participating, only ten will be chosen. And then they will move onto the Elite round."

"From there, the best dancer will be chosen to represent our region in the Finale Contest opened at Daegu."

______________________

Jimin looks mentally shaken.

"Minah— I don't think I'm going to make it." He says depressingly, voice deflated as he tugs at his hair.

"I didn't know there was another Competition. And opened nationally."

"Hey— are you saying you're going to give up without trying?" I say back, watching his face fall. "I know this sounds like absolute no help— but you need to try your best. If you don't make it, it's not your fault. You still tried."

Of course.

I should've expected something like this— the school just didn't have the budget to send a student to Paris. And to World Dance Academy, at that. The school with only fifteen students— the prodigies chosen from prodigies.

"I don't know."

"Hey!" I exclaim, rapping lightly against the side of his head. "Get out of that mindset— you're not going to do anything with that kind of thought."

"We'll figure something out tomorrow."

"I don't know." He repeats, sliding into bed next to me. "I feel like I'm missing something. Like there's something more I'm supposed to be doing."

"Practice?"

"I don't know." He says again, and the look of frustration is clear on his face as he rubs his fingers against his tattoo. "Maybe."

Then an idea sparks up in the back of my mind.

"I know what you're missing, Jimin." I say excitedly as I clap both my hands together. "No matter how much talent you have, you need someone to help you get it out."

"What?"

"What I'm basically saying is that we're using Kim Taehyung again."

_______________________