THE FALLOUT

Okay, this isn't like, a joke anymore

Okay, this isn't like, a joke anymore. Everyone is meeting up at my place on Sunday to discuss some crazy things that I'm sure you've noticed. I live in the apartment building on the corner of North Devon and Horridge. I'll buzz you up.

Jamie sent the same message to everyone, after running its contents by the others in the room. He was sure that everybody worked, or had a curfew, or something, and he felt his heart ache with the idea of tampering with the lives of others. While he tried to convince himself that none of this was his fault, he can't help but blame himself.

Erik was surprised to see the text. He felt his stomach lurch at the contact with another one of the strangers. Now, more than ever, he was done with all of them. No more messages, no more voice in his head, no more bruises healing to quickly. Just him, soccer, and the files on his sister until he can somehow sneak off into the night to wherever she was heading.

When Cara saw the message, she cursed under her breath. She had only just finished getting interrogated by the FBI, and she didn't have time to deal with this mess, no way in Hell. However, she resigned herself to going, so that they can all get their stories straight with the police. There is no way she is going down for whatever happened to Thea.

Eden sat on the couch in the apartment. While he watched the others chatting and laughing in the kitchen, he looked to Hope beside him. He wished he wasn't on the outside just like her. Old habits die hard however, and he can't manage to join in on their laughter, because what if someone finds out? Or worse, what if he remembers enjoying time with them?

For the first time in a long time, June forgets that her brother is gone. She forgets that she has been gifted with a power he could only dream of having, one which would have saved his life. Instead, she giggles as Wesley flicks water in the sink at her. Her eyes are bright, until they meet Eden's, and she feels his sorrow. Now, she makes it her mission to try and get him to smile.

Wesley can't stop himself from looking at Jamie, no matter how hard he tries. Every second he sees the boy crystal clear is one he wants deeply to himself. While he smiles, he tries to spread his joy throughout the room, a gesture he is unfamiliar with. One which falls flat.

Unlike the others, Lee hasn't noticed anything out of the blue. However, she's got nothing better to do, especially since her brother has been practically glued to his computer screen for the past few days. At least, she decides, the meeting will give her an opportunity to get her story straight with Percy and the others. It occurs to her she might be walking into a den of murders, but Lee is certain she can take them on.

Percy gets in trouble for checking her phone during her shift to read the message from Jamie. She rolls her eyes at both the idea of meeting the group and her manager. Her hand slaps against the bell, calling over a server to bring out the food. Whatever meteorological phenomenon is occurring is bringing her too much trouble.

While she sits on the couch, Hope feels that thumping in her chest again. Though she is not in on the action, and though she does not have a book in her hand, she smiles. For the first time in her life, she feels free. It is only now that she realized she hadn't been before.

~~~

Hey everybody! This part is super short because we are moving into a transition! I'm so excited to be on this journey with you! Let me know if there are any hiccups or OOC stuff. As always, I hope to see you soon!