When Hope's father leaves to go to the bathroom, Percy makes her way inside the room. After all, nobody can tell her to do anything, especially not some man in a tight suit. Besides, Percy only had to wait for her chance for like, two hours. While sitting in the waiting area she finally read over Lee's messages.

No doubt whoever is targeting them are the people who killed Percy's dog. The thought makes her blood boil.

Right as she slips into Hope's room, she sends Lee a reply.

I'll be there.

While Percy stares down at her phone, Hope smiles up at her from on the bed.

"Why did you wait?" Hope asks.

Percy glances up and shoves the phone deep into her pocket. It's the farthest she can get the worries from her head. Normally, Percy wouldn't babe Hope. The last thing that girl needs is to be held like porcelain. All things considered, however, Percy begins to dance around the topic. "Cara told me to debrief you. Everyone else was sorry they couldn't be here, but in Cara's defence, she wouldn't leave the hospital until you woke up. Everyone else was just busy."

Even though she nods slowly and bites her lip in contemplation, Hope doesn't buy it. At least, she believes that everyone was busy and that Cara needed someone to debrief Hope. Call it optimism, call it naivete, but she gets the feeling that Percy wasn't forced to be here.

"We wanted to know what woke you up," Percy asks, leaning towards Hope.

Hope looks over to her heart monitor for an answer. How would she know? Being unconscious has a habit of stealing one's thoughts away. Nothing seemed to have changed, at least not to her. "I don't know."

"Cara suspects that you're awake because of June and Erik throwing themselves off of cliffs, or whatever it is that they were doing," Percy looks out the window rather than look at Hope. It's dark outside. Granted, it is early in the morning, but the sky has too much colour for a sombre September moment before dawn. The sky is usually grey. Today, it looks as though a galaxy has come down to kiss the Earth.

Hope nods, even though she doubts that June and Erik's shenanigans brought her out of her slumber. Although, nothing makes any sense to her anymore. It doesn't make sense that using up the fire within them would help give Hope any back. Although, such is life.

Eventually, Hope turns to the book on her nightstand. She holds it up to Percy, offering it to her. "Can you take this before my Dad gets back?"

Though Percy cocks an eyebrow. She takes the book. Her fingers graze Hope.

The other girl falls backwards. Her head tips back against the wall, and she slumps into the bed. The heart monitor begins to ring dramatically.

Percy drops the book. She moves closer to the bed, her hands grabbing Hope's shoulders. Something is stinging Percy. Delicately, she shakes Hope's shoulders. Then, she does so forcibly. Without a second to waste, Percy slams the call-button and runs out of the room.

~~~

The last time Lee was on stage, she smashed her head off the ground. Being back up there is making her stomach twist and turn. So much so that, while she is tuning her guitar, she has to sit down. Her feet dangle off the edge haphazardly. She takes the second to check her phone and sees the text message from Percy.