Stay Strong

Stay Strong

Those two words were her everything. They kept her going, let her know there was still hope. Without those two words, she probably wouldn't be here. Well that, and Mikey. Mikey was the one who told her those words, told her them every day after the incident. He was the real reason she was still alive.

The hot water slashed from her eyes onto the dusty frame that held her parents. Her father's arm was wrapped around her mother's waist, and they were both ecstatic. Within her mother's arms, lay a tiny figure, only a few days old. It was the baby's first photo, Mikey's first photo to be exact.

She ran her soft, delicate fingers along the old frame and let out a quiet sob, filling the whole room with the deranged sound. She heard quick footsteps and the door was quickly slammed open. 'Oh, Lindsey, put it away.' She felt a weight on the bed beside her, and didn't have to look up to know Mikey was now in her presence.

Her head fell into the crevice between his neck and shoulder as if on natural instinct. 'I miss them Mikey, so much.' The tears fell down my cheek, staining his pale blue shirt. He ran his thin fingers through her curly locks and sighed, pressing his lips to the top of her head.

'I do too Linds, but remember what I always tell you.' He pulled up her sleeve to reveal the small black handwriting covering the thin scars.

'Stay Strong.' They read together, as he traced each letter with his smallest finger. 'Mikey?' Her voice quavered, but she made no attempt to fix it.

'Lindsey.' He answered slowly, now tracing the small pink lines.

'I love you.' She whispered, pulling his hand from her arm and into her own.

'I love you too sis.' He pressed his face to her hair and let the tears come. They soaked into her brown locks, but neither of them made any sort of attempt to fix it. This was how it was, two loving siblings trapped in their own despair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tattoo stood out against her thin, white skin. It was a constant reminder of the thing she hated most, every day she woke up and saw it, she saw Mikey. And now, thanks to Mikey, she wouldn't be seeing it for much longer.

Her bare feet pounded against the pavement, making a soft thud noise with each step she took. The hot tears flew from her eyes, vanishing into the air. She took a sharp corner, running into the grave yard.

She wasn't scared, which was the odd thing; the only thing she felt was anger. Anger for anything that ever happened in her pathetic life. Anger for her brother, the one who left her alone on this planet.

Finally, she arrived in front of the two head stones.

Lily Analik

November 14 1973- September 3 2008

Andy Analik

December 16 1972- September 3 2008

Mikey Analik

July 24 1994- September 3 2012

She stared at the last name. It shouldn't be there. He didn't want it. It wasn't his choice. It had been that stupid kid, the one who's sentenced to life. It was his entire fault. He didn't have to beat up Mikey. It wasn't his fault he didn't like girls. It wasn't his fault his parents died and he was struggling with depression. It wasn't his fault he was smart. That stupid kid didn't have to make him believe it. He didn't have to hit Mikey until there was no chance of survival, but he did anyway.

She closed her eyes and opened her hand, revealing a large number of pills. 'Mikey, I love you, I'll see you soon.' She whispered to the headstone before swallowing all the pills.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her eyes shot open, only to reveal a bright white light. She lidded her eyes quickly, groaning in pain. She prayed that she wasn't in the hospital, and the bright light was just a ceiling light. She slowly allowed her eyes to re-open, and she saw blue sky. She couldn't have just woken back up, could she?

'Lindsey.' His angelic voice slipped through her ears and she jumped to her feet, barley catching a glimpse of him before they embraced.

'Mikey, I missed you.' She sobbed into her brother's shoulder, letting all her feelings pour out.

'How long have I been gone?' He asked, his voice trembling slightly.

'One month, why?' She asked, pulling back slightly.

'You stayed stronger for one month, I'm proud.' He took her hand in his, and the two of the walked into the distance.

_______________________

A/N Wow sorry guys that was shorter than expected, don't worry I'm currently working on another. I'm also sorry for not updating anything recently; I've been working really hard on a new story! I know this wasn't romance, but it was still cute, so it fits the title at least. Just a reminder, I will take requests, I'm also working on one for someone, so I'm just story central right no aha. Anyways, love you guys tons X