03 | 2023

2 0 2 3

My hope is that if we add up the "one mores" they will equal a lifetime, and I'll never have to get to the part where I let you go.

"I LIKE HER, Jungkook. Like a lot."

There, the other man said it crystal clear.

And crushing his heart as he knows this will happen soon or later. But he can't believe the day finally come this fast — for him it is fast but for other people, it is a long time. A year to be exact.

Jungkook blinks as he stares at the man right in front of him. He doesn't know how to react for this as the other man just looks through him with determinate, solid locked eyes.

Damn it.

His mind goes blank in the blink of eyes.

The other man, Jaehyun, presses his lips to a thin line, knowing this could be a suicide confession or it will be nothing but a good thing.

Though he knows, this one hundred percent a suicide confession, especially when Jaehyun gave a zero percent of sugarcoating his feeling toward his best friend's ex-girlfriend, the ex-girlfriend.

It was suffocating in the fitting room, where NCT 127 had their comeback and Jungkook has his goodbye stage for his second soloist album.

"Jungkook, I've no much time. I have to go to my fitting room in two minutes." Jaehyun says as the man finally snaps out from his train of thoughts.

Jungkook clears his dry throat and awkwardly rub his nape's neck. Avert his eyes to anything but Jaehyun patiently waiting for the respond of his so-called confession.

"Is she already knows? or you guys already dat — "

"I've planned to tell her this Sunday about it," Jaehyun cut and he can tell Jungkook still and probably will never stop has a feeling toward the girl, so he adds, "but there is no guarantee she says yes."

Because even three years later, you still love her and the worst part, she probably still too.

Jaehyun wants to add that, but at the same time, he wants to be egoist for once and let Jungkook figure out or find that goddamn courage.

"You're right..." He says.

Honestly, he doesn't know what to react that at all.

But he also knew that what happened between the former couple it can't be fixed, it's broken and they grew apart and soon or later they need to move on.

Jungkook knew that all too well.

So he surrendered.

After all, if Jaehyun can be the one who makes the girl happy, then maybe it is the right choice to do.

With every single last bit of his shattered heart, he looks at his best friend with the best smile he can pull out he said, "well, you've got your bless from her ex-boyfriend!"

Jungkook let out an awkward laugh with that force exciting smile on his face, but then he keeps continue, "but I beg you, Jae, keep her safe and she feels the love, not because of me but it because you really do like, love her."

And Jungkook finally let out his last sighs before walking pass the guy and pat on his shoulder while muttering, don't hurt her like I do, as he walks away.

Also probably; moving on.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬