Chapter 6

After the scene in the classroom, we decided to slow things down. I was grounded and I had to study hard because I had spent too much time with Ander and he had to focus on his tennis lesson or his dad wouldn't let him go out. For the next 4 months, we only spoke during lunchtime and breaks. Everytime we wanted to date, to go somewhere, we couldn't because Samuel always saw us leave. But we still were happy to see each other at school.

I was in my room when my mom came in :

" Liz, can we talk? I am very pleased that you respected your punishment. I know it may has not been easy but now I know I can trust you. And I am sorry if you hate me, but believe me, this was for your own good.

- Was?

- Yes. You're not grounded anymore. But I wish you tell one of us when you're going somewhere.

- thanks mom, I say while hugging her. 

- and could you invite Ander and his parents over dinner tonight? I would like to know them better.

- umm... Yeah i'll ask him.

- Thank you".

As soon as she leaves the room, i grab my phone.

@ lizdominguz : guess what !!! Not grounded anymore

@ ander.mnoz : omg finally! happy for you babe. But my father still wants me to go to tenis lessons. He won't let me go anywhere else.

@ lizdominguz : then tell him you're not into tennis anymore. I'm sure he'l understand.

@ ander.mnoz : you don't know him.

@ lizdominguz : yeah... about that, my mom wants to invite all of you for dinner tonight. She said she wanted to know you. Could you ask your parents please?

He doesn't answer for a while. I suddenly remember Marina's hosting a party on saturda. And today's friday.

@ lizdominguz : hey if it's not too late I'd be delighted to go to your party tomorrow?

@ ma.rina : not grounded anymore? Happy for you!!

@ lizdominguz : thanks!

@ ma.rina : and can you please tell Samu that I still want him to come, even after what happened.

@ lizdominguz : I will. Do you mind me asking what happened?

@ ma.rina : please don't tell anyone. Delete this conversation as soon as you read it.

@ lizdominguez : I swear I won't tell??

@ ma. rina : I'm pregnant Liz. And your Samu's not the father. He says he doesn't cae. But he wants to know the father. I just can't tell him. It would hurt him so much. He got upset because I try to avoid him.

@ lizdominguz : omfg Marina! Congrats???? Idk what to say girl. I know it would cause too much trouble if you tell me who's the father. So I won't ask you to. Is ur family aware of it?

@ ma.rina : Yeah... I was pissed at them for smthing. So I told them. I shouldn't have. Now my brother is trying more than anything to find the real father.

@ lizdominguz : anyway. Thanks for telling me, I'm wishing you the best girl. I know we don't talk so much but know I'm here for ya, and I hope it'll get better btween my brother and you. xoxo

I delete all of the convo. I recieve another text from Ander. "I just asked them, see ya tonight love". I smile and start preparing myself. They'll arrive in one hour.

He hugs me "hey babe. Good to see you when you're not in class. Even though i like how the niform fits you, I prefer you with that nice little dress" he whispers to my ear. His parents introduce hemselves and so does my mom, Samu and Nano.

We start eating. When my mom shows him the wine, Ander says :

"thank you but no. I actually don't drink.

- Proud of you son" answers his dad.

It's true I have never seen Ander drink. Not even to the first party we attended to.

" So what do you wanna be later? asks Ander's mom, the principal of Las Encinas

- I don't really know. My mom wants me to be a business woman, I say while looking at her.

- and what you really want to be? asks Ander. I watch him severely.

- I don't know.

- What about you Ander, asks my mom

- My son is going to be one of the greatest tennis player, says his father, proudly. Ander stops smiling

- I don't know yet.

- What do you mean I don't know yet? come on son!answers his father

- I mean that I may not want playing tennis anymore. I'm sick of it.

- We'll talk about this later." says his father, angrily.

The dinner continues, without any further incident.  We keep talking for an hour and they start to leave.

" Thank you for reiceiving us, says his mother

- all the pleasure was ours, Nano says. I raise an eyebow. They leave and Ander kisses me on the cheek.

- 'all the pleasure was mine'? Really? Couldn't you be a little less fake? I ask my brother

- No I meant it I swear, I might start tolerating him

- waw I'm impressed

- See? I'm making progress

- Oh my god you're a whole new man". I laugh at him. He smiles and we all go to bed. I don't think I'll go to bed early tomorrow because of the party ; I don't wanna be tired. I wanna enjoy the second night where I'm not grounded.