Chapter 1- It's my birthday and I'll hide if I want to

Bexxxx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITCH

ITS UR 21st and it's TIME TO GET LITTTTTT

i'm coming to get you in an hour you better be ready or i s2g River....

now wake your fine ass up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ugh shut the fuck up" I roll over on my warm queen sized bed grabbing my phone from where it's plugged in on my nightstand, check the time, 10:30 am, and shut it off before my best friend Rebecca can text me one more time. I know it's my birthday and all but I am feeling super low and I don't want to deal with all of that energy right now. I have an hour to get out of here before she shows up and takes me to a million places I don't want to be at on my birthday.

I don't feel bad at all for ditching Rebecca because we weren't even supposed to hang out during the day today. We had plans to go out tonight and that was it. Besides, I need to go clear my head and I want nothing more than to spend the morning at my favorite quiet spot here in California.

I throw on my usual black ripped jeans and striped long sleeve, I think about how my mom used to always get on me about wearing too much black, but this time it's necessary, I can't draw attention to myself where I'm goin. After brushing my teeth, I catch a look at myself in the mirror and sigh as I notice the dark circles under my eyes that are so prominent on my pale skin. I grab my beanie and force it over top of my naturally unruly curls and head out the door with 30 minutes to spare before Rebecca gets here.

Just as I lock my door I hear the elevator ding and somehow I know that she's here early. shit. I run to hide around the corner of the hallway and I swear I'm going to make it before I hear her call out to me, "River you know I know you better than that. I came early so you couldn't hide from me, not come out and give me a kiss and let's have some fun!"

I roll my eyes at the massive silver foil balloons that read "21" floating above her head and she beams at my discomfort.

"Hey at least I got silver I know how much you hate gold."

I mumble a small "thank you" and lean in to give my best friend a kiss on both cheeks.

"I'll go put these inside wait right here for me I'll be back in 5 seconds... I swear River."

She shakes her head as she has trouble unlocking my door with her spare key and I'm already in the elevator by the time she has the door open. She already knows there's no way I'm staying so she gives me the middle finger from inside my apartment as I yell "see you later I promise, LOVE YOU!!" from the closing elevator.

A/N: sorry if this is short I can't really tell how long I'm supposed to make the chapters but chapter 2 will be out tonight when I get off work and don't worry Colby will make his appearance. :))))))))