Chapter 4 - Sam and Colby

"Enough about us what are you doing up here?" Colby asks me with a small smirk on his face, he really is attractive but I know those Youtuber guys really aren't my type.

"it's kind of embarrassing but honestly I like to come up here to clear my mind sometimes when i'm not feeling myself," I confess to my new friends, "Bex, my best friend, wanted to do a bunch of shit today and I wasn't up for it so I escaped to the one place no one would find me." Or so I thought.

"Good thing we did find you or who knows what would have happened" Colbys words seem so sincere. Why are these boys being so nice to me, I don't even know them?

"Yeah sorry to ruin your pity party River but glad you're alive" Sam says with a nervous chuckle and Colby shoots him a small enough glare that I almost missed.

"Speaking of party I have to get going before Bex literally kills me she's been planning this party for like a year and I have to be there, do you guys want to come?"

The boys look at each other and seem to be speaking without words for a moment until Sam finally speaks up, "yeah we'd love to I'm supposed to hang out with my girlfriend Kat tonight but we don't have much planned can she come too?"

"The more the merrier!" I turn to Colby to say my final words "you have Bex' number in your phone I'll text you later to tell you all the details. See you then!"

...

I've been ready for about half an hour now and Bex is still finishing up her makeup. We're supposed to pregame here at Bex' house before we go to the club and I already texted Colby the address to both the pregame and the club just in case he didn't want to come beforehand.

"How the hell did I get ready before you if you have been waiting on me all day?" I ask my best friend who's adding little crystals to the corner of her eyes like something out of Euphoria.

"Well if you didn't look so fucking hot without trying all the time I wouldn't have to work extra hard to get ready everyday," she jokingly spat at me which just caused me to roll my eyes and take another swig from the tequila bottle held in my hands. I figured I'd get a head start on the pregame to become more of a people-person before the real people actually get here.

A few moments later she was finally done with her makeup and her phone vibrated from the vanity. "oooh look that boy you met texted me back," she turned to me giving me a knowing smile.

I tried to act nonchalant as I asked, "what did he say?" but deep down I was kind of excited to see if he could make it, I wasn't quite sure why.

She tossed me the phone and I read the message out loud, "Sam, Kat, and I will be there for the pregame see you in a bit!" I couldn't help the grin that formed on my face and it didn't take long before Bex practically tackled me with more questions about how I met the boys and what they looked like. I didn't tell her much about the incident on top of the skyscraper because that spot was mine and I didn't want anyone to know about it, even Bex. All she knew was that I broke my phone beyond repair and Colby let me use his phone to call her so I invited them to the party, no big deal. But Bex knew me better than I knew myself she could tell I was attracted to one of my new friends even though I hadn't admitted it to myself yet.

"They did tell me they made YouTube videos maybe we can find them so you can see what they look like." I tell Bex as she smiles her signature smile and takes a seat on the bed next to me while I pull up the website.

"Do you know what their channel is called?" she asks me.

"Well honestly all I know is that there names are Sam and Colby and they go to abandoned places and do spooky shit." I guess I'll go with what I got though. I simply type in Sam and Colby and shrug at Bex.

I look back at the screen and there they are, "holy shit!" Bex yells into my ear, "they have 3.5 million subscribers they FAMOUS famous!" I just take another big swig from my bottle and roll my eyes at the screen that shows many variations of practically the same thumbnail. I click on the most recent video which is about 30 minutes long and it seems to be the finale of a series they were making.

"Wow he's like really Really hot River" Bex tells me as I point out Colby in the video, which causes me to take another swig of tequila from the bottle before she grabs it out of my hand and takes a swig for herself mumbling something about catching up with me.

I don't know if it's the alcohol in my system or what but I find myself actually enjoying the video and getting really invested in all the spooky things happening even though I'm still a skeptic on things like this. Bex and I finish the video and head downstairs of the giant house that her parents pay for to await everyone's arrival.