Chapter 25

JENNIE

"Jennie!" Irene slammed the door behind her and leaned against it, breathing heavily.

"What?" I jumped and peered around the bathroom wall to get a better glimpse of her. "What's wrong?"

"I," she cleared her throat, "I forgot to call Bogum."

"Oh," I frowned and waved my hand towards the phone, "well call him." I finished tying up the back of my bikini top and started to put lotion on myself.

"I can't!" Irene hissed and moved to the bathroom doorway.

"Why? Is he at work late?" I asked, looking at her.

"Well, no." She pouted and moved back to sit on the bed. "I just, it feels weird."

"What does?" I laughed and shook my head.

"Knowing that I have a husband to go home too!" Irene whined and threw herself back on the bed.

"I knew you were not ready for marriage!" I hissed and threw a pillow at her. "What is going on anyway?"

"I lihkesuju." She muffled through the pillows.

"You what?" I started to get annoyed.

"I like Soojoo." She breathed, her face red.

"And?" I raised an eyebrow. "She's sweet, sexy, very likable." I nodded and went back to applying my lotion.

"You don't get it," Irene said seriously, "I really wanted to grab her today and kiss the fuck out of her."

The plastic bottle dropped from my hands and onto the hollow floor. I stared at her and shook my head. "You want to reword that sentence?"

"No!" Irene screeched. "I did! I really wanted to grab her in that shop and just, I really really like her."

"Maybe you're just feeling bad? You know, wanting to console her."

"No," Irene shook her head and wrung her hands nervously, "this is different. This is like that time I really wanted to kiss Jisoo that one morning she brought you coffee in high school."

I smirked. I knew it.

"And if Jisoo hadn't walked in at the shop earlier, I'm sure I would've," she looked at my confused face, "she's closing for Soojoo by the way."

I nodded and sat beside her on the bed. "So you like Soojoo?"

"Yeah. She's a really great person with a big heart. She's Soojoo, you know? I haven't known her for as long as Jisoo has but I bet I'm feeling more than Jisoo ever will." Irene looked scared. "I think I want to go home."

"Irene…" I frowned.

"No, seriously. You can stay here, but I think I need to go home and be with the guy I married months ago." Irene hopped off the bed and started to pack her clothes in a panicked state.

"Wait," I grabbed her wrist softly, "does Soojoo know how you feel?"

"No!" She gasped. "And she never will."

-

I played with the stem, rolling it between my fingers as I watched her close the last shop window. She finally noticed me and smiled, making her way over to where I was standing.

I handed her the flowers and kissed her on the cheek. "I've missed you today."

Jisoo smelled the flowers and grinned even wider. "I've missed you too." She waved the flowers in front of me and raised an eyebrow. "Do friends usually give friends, flowers?"