Play day and wishes

Geppetto was as happy as he could be. Though several months had passed since Francesca died and Pinocchio was born, he was never lonely or miserable. Not only did he have a son whom he loved more than anything in the world, but Figaro, the housepet cat he rescued from homelessness just a month ago also brought him joy. Figaro was happy to have a loving owner who kept him well fed and sheltered. And Geppetto recently had bought another pet. A beautiful female goldfish that he named Cleo. Figaro at first tried to take Cleo as per a circle of life with cats for a snack. But Geppetto did not approve.

"Figaro! Cleo is part of the family now! Just like you! We do not eat family members!"

Figaro at first did not like this, but he and Cleo quickly warmed up to each other.

Quite often, when he was not busy carving wood into clocks, music boxes or toys, he would be seen taking care of Pinocchio as usual.

Although, Geppetto was quite happy, he still found it stressfully challenging balancing between running the shop and taking care of Pinocchio. Although he often allowed children to play with Figaro, he didn't want them bothering Pinocchio as much. But he did still allow them to see him from time to time. Having to keep a delicate balance between his child and his job, Geppetto opened for customers less frequently than before. At first the customers were worried about this, but they kept faith in Geppetto's reason for it that he wanted to never abandon or neglect Pinocchio.

All the villagers knew ever since Francesca died, Pinocchio was the one thing he had to take care of most. And he did. He was becoming one of the most loving fathers, they had ever known. He kept Pinocchio well fed and clean, he made sure Pinocchio was always in good health by taking him to Doctor Collodi every once in a while, he played with him often, and he would read and tell stories and sing to Pinocchio every day and night.

6 month old Pinocchio was now more energetic and playful than ever. He had already grown a few inches, but he still had much to learn and Geppetto did try to keep him entertained by leaving Figaro to play with him while he worked in the shop. Pinocchio loved Figaro.

And though he had yet to learn how to walk or stand, he could manage to crawl on all fours, and he was perfectly capable of being able to sit up

Though he was still was a bit fussy when it came to baths. When he was still a newborn, he hated baths. But by the time he was 3 to 5 months old, he started getting used to them. Sometimes he shared a bath with Figaro. Figaro never liked baths either, but with Pinocchio to have as a bath buddy, he couldn't complain.

One August morning, Geppetto closed up shop for the day, so that he could spend the whole day with Figaro and Pinocchio. He had already given Pinocchio his morning feeding and breakfast, and had just started to give Pinocchio a bath. After a short while, he went for Figaro. Pinocchio was splashing in the bathtub so much, Geppetto lost focus trying to settle him down and accidentally dropped Figaro. He had caught Figaro before he hit the ground, but Figaro was so startled he swung his claws around and accidentally scratched baby Pinocchio's arm. Pinocchio could feel the scratch and began to scream and cry. Geppetto grabbed a towel and lifted Pinocchio out.