4. Starstuck

Erica seemed to loose control but was determined not to as it would cause a stir. She couldn't just loose control on herself. She clutched Virat's hand tightly. Virat who was posing was surprised but chose to keep the smile on.

He looked at her eyes and realised something was wrong. He also clutched her hand tightly to keep her senses awake. She wispered in his ear "I might faint Virat".

Immediately he requested the cameramen to stop clicking pictures and asked her to comfort herself on the seat. She continued speaking "I am sorry Virat! I had a glass of gin to control my nerves".

Virat's eyes grew red by her confession. Even in a state of almost blackout she could feel his anger. He immediately walked down the stage towards Bumrah and Rohit. It looked as if he was specifically there to greet them but they knew him better.

Rohit spoke "Shouldn't you be with your wifey?" Jasprit was the smarter one and decided to stop Rohit from causing more damage. Virat walked towards the buffet section and Rohit followed him. Jasprit decided to have a candid chat with the photographers to divert their attention.

"Ro! Someone get me lime juice and detox tablets" yelled Virat in a low tone.

"Why are you drunk today?" questioned Rohit. Virat gave him a tough look and Rohit realised that Virat is terribly angry.

Rohit got busy on his phone as he contacted his manager to do the needful. Virat got back on the stage and made an announcement with a wide smile "Ladies and gentlemen please make yourselves comfortable and relish the delicacies. The bride and me will get back after a few moments" saying so he gently made Erica stand up and helped her through the steps to get down.

They were lead to a change room by the planners and hotel staff. As he entered the room he shut the door quickly and held Erica's shoulders ready to burst out. But to his surprise she collapsed in his arms. He sprinkled water on her face and she opened her eyes.

He realised that she has lost her senses. All he could do was wait for detox tablets and he also ordered lime juice from the room service. She sat on the bed and now looking at him smoking a cigar she questioned "Isn't it harmful for your lungs?" in a voice which seemed high on alcohol.

He shouted "Look at the irony. Look who gets to lecture me" and further questioned " What's your name? Seems like you haven't lost logic from your brain. If you can't remain sober why do you bloody drink?".

"My name is Erica Harrison" she replied with a cute face almost pouting after listening to his loud voice.

"IT'S ERICA KOHLI!! IT'S BLOODY ERICA VIRAT KOHLI" he shouted again on top of his voice. He could feel her face go pale.

She stood up from the bed and went towards him and pulled out the cigar from his mouth which he began smoking after shouting again. "Look Mr.VIRAT KOHLI! I feel like Danny's dragons are more calm and composed than you. I don't have a hearing problem and you can speak in a low tone" she spoke innocently.

He was enraged by her behaviour. He held her arm tightly and she winced in pain. Before he could speak the room service has arrived with lemon juice. The boy brought a glass of lime juice along with detox tablets that Rohit's manager handed over to him.

As he left Virat slammed the door and Erica stood up. She felt like she didn't require any detox tablets as Virat's anger did the job. "Virat! Please don't shout at me or I might cry and spoil my makeup. It will take a long time to redo my makeup and we have guests to attend" she spoke pointing a finger fearfully at Virat.

Virat nodded his head in frustration and handed over the glass of lime juice which was about to slip from her hand. He quickly held it tightly and made her drink the juice. She could feel his fingers brush her lip and that sent a chill down her spine. She held his sherwani tightly for support.

"I am sorry" she stammered while removing her hand from his shoulder and he said "You better be. I will talk to you later about this. Let's go down for now and bloody stop blinking your eyes so much. People might find out you are drunk".

As he turned around she smiled at his words. She started liking his anger as well. They both walked down to the hall. She met a lot of members from the cricketing world. There were board members, staff and players along with their wives. But one person who caught her attention was the bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor.

Ranbir Kapoor has become her favourite actor ever since she watched his movies wake up Sid and Ae Dil hain mushkil. This was the only movie she watched more than two times. The fangirl in her jumped with joy on meeting her favourite star.

She wanted to tell Virat about her excitement when she turned to look at him who was looking at someone with sad eyes. She looked in the direction of his eyes to see that Virat was looking at Anushka Sharma who accompanied Ranbir Kapoor.

She couldn't understand why Virat became sad but then was distracted by another person who blocked her eye sight by his presence.

**********

Hey guys!
Done with another update!
Do share your thoughts.
What's going to happen now?