Prologue

Cricket is a game is all I know. I should actually be given a medal for my knowlege. Why are my stars so ruthless to me?

These were my thoughts as I sat being clicked by around a thousand cameras. Dressed in bridal green dress with Sindoor filled in between the partition of my hair all I could do is fake a smile as I could not dig a hole into Earth and hide.

I looked at my husband who smiled with all glory. He should be an actor instead of a cricketer. I sighed in disbelief.

My mom being an Indian never told me that cricket is a religion in this country and I living in Australia my entire life never bothered to even look at the hoardings and advertisments regarding cricket matches.

What's the point of cursing your stars when all the damage has already happened.

My husband who is seated beside me in the Range Rover could care less about me but he chose to come close to my ear and say "Mrs.Virat Kohli I can lend you my phone in case you want to google about me" with a devilish smirk playing on his face.

My blood boiled like lava but I couldn't help notice his perfect jawline and his cologne overpowering my senses.

I am doomed.

*******

A/N
Hello guys!
This is the first time I am writing a cricket story. The world cup fever has gotten on to me. I thought the best way to deal with it is write a story.
Do drop in your comments and share your thoughts.