5. Love

There was a man quite tall and I couldn't identify him. My first thoughts were if he was a famous person I don't want to make a fool of myself. His gaze was fixed on me and I got frightened wondering if he has caught me faking this marriage.

I turned towards Virat who was still lost in Anushka. I felt something very weird for the first time ever. I did not like the way he looked at her. It made me uncomfortable and helpless. I did not want him to look at her that way. It was the same feeling that I had with Virat's secretary. This time it was more pronounced.

The man called me to bring me out of my thoughts. "Mrs.Kohli! Many congratulations on your wedding. I wanted an interview with you". I looked at him with a blank face. "Was he a journalist?" I thought.

I tapped Virat's hand to stop him from looking at Anushka. Now this was getting on my nerves. Virat glared at me and then at the man. In a gentle voice he snaked his arm around my waist and said "Eri! This is Gaurav Kapoor. A very close friend of mine".
I sighed in relief and said a hello to him also wondering how easily Virat could fake love and affection as if we were a thing for real.

Gaurav questioned me why I didn't answer his question and I just replied saying "I will reply about it some other time and not on this stage". He smiled and left. Virat spoke "Erica! I will get back to you after 10 minutes. You stay with with bhabhi and maa. Do remember not to get too close".

Before I could reply he left and his secretary helped me with the lehenga to get down towards the family. I sat close to Chetna bhabhi. She gave me broad smile and I felt very nice. I looked around to see Anushka missing as well. My heart raced quickly and I sat still.

I borrowed bhabhi's phone and searched "Virat and Anushka". The things that followed post me clicking on the search button left me in a shock. I couldn't gather courage to read beyond the headlines.

The search results read "Indian skipper clean bowled by Bollywood Beauty Anushka Sharma" another read "Mr.Runmachine proposed his lady in Corsica". I did not read beyond and did not dare to click on the image section as I could already see four or five cosy images.

I excused myself from his family members and went to the room Virat previously took me to. I went inside the wash room and saw myself in the mirror. I couldn't believe that my eyes have lost the spark. My make up was intact but I looked like a zombie. I decided not to cry. I sprayed a little water on my face and tried to come out when I heard a very familiar voice and immediately closed the knob of the washroom door.

Virat spoke in a very soft voice "Nushkie! Why are you behaving all cranky?"

"Seriously Vee? You actually don't understand the reason?" Replied a woman in a loud voice. It took me no time to realise it was Anushka.

"Jaan don't you know how much I love you?" He replied and something inside me broke. I felt guilty for listening to their conversation and at the same time I was too scared to get out of the place. I was struck in an awkward place. That's when realisation knocked me that I have signed a contract which has brought me to this awkward place I never belonged to.

The last thing I wanted for myself was to be in such a situation. I could hear constant apologies and convincing by Virat. I tried to shut my ears tight but was still hearing Virat pleading her.

I looked at myself in the mirror once again when I questioned myself "Am I in love with him?"

*******
A/N:

Hey guys!
I know it's a short update.
I will make up for it in the upcoming chapters.
Thank you for all your love for this story.

I promise to be more regular and this chapter is dedicated to pastries_coffee

Do mention your thoughts on this chapter. Your comments motivate me to write more.

♥️♥️