Chapter 5: New Personality for Sale

“You look worse,” Doojoon said seriously.

I ran to him and gave him a hug. “I missed you!” I exclaimed jumping up and down while hugging him.

“Hey! Let go!” he whined.

I pulled back and smiled widely at him. He just stared at me with his poker face then he looked away. “Why are you here? You missed me, eh?” I teased him and I was surprised that he kind of blushed.

“Who would miss you?” he replied, “I am here because of our family business.”

“Oh, so how’d you know where I live?” I asked

“I just knew,” he replied shortly. “Wouldn’t you let me in? It’s so cold in here.” He protested as he pushed me aside and went inside my house. “It’s messy…” he commented as soon as he went in.

“I know, I’m too busy packing up my things.” I replied as I closed the door. He sat down on the couch so I followed him and sat beside him. He was looking around as if examining my things.

“Packing your things?” he raised an eyebrow.

“I’m going back to Korea!” I exclaimed happily and he just stared at me with no reaction. “What? Aren’t you happy? I’ll be back?” I asked him.

“Why would I be?” he asked back and avoided my gaze.

“What kind of friend are you?” I asked with a sad tone. “I thought you’re my best friend.”

“Best friend, my ass…” he muttered, “I don’t want to be just your friend.” He muttered again

“What? I didn’t hear that!” I smiled teasingly.

“Nothing,” he replied shortly. “Could you get me some coffee?”

“Are you commanding me?” I asked

“Obviously, yes…” he replied without looking at me.

“Fine, fine.” I stood up and made my way to the kitchen. He didn’t follow because he was still taking a look around my house. My parents were, as usual, working that’s why I’m alone in this house every morning. They decided to send me back to Korea since they know that’s what I wanted.

After making Doojoon a coffee, I walked back to the living room. He is still sitting on the couch but he is busy reading something. Wait, I think I know that thing. I placed the coffee on the center table and stared at what he is doing.

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT!” I shouted as soon as I realized it. I jumped to him and tried to snatch my diary. Yes, it is my diary. “Give that to me!” I kept shouting.

“Wait a minute!” he is now laughing while trying to hide it from me.

“No! Don’t read it!” I protested, then after a while I finally got it. But Doojoon wasn’t contented that me pinned me on the couch. So now, I can’t anymore move but the diary is still in my hand.

Just as then, I realized how close we were right now. I am laying my back on the couch while he is on the top of me. We stared at each other’s eyes…. Then Doojoon fell on the floor as soon as he realized what he did. “Ouch!” he whined

I am still in shock so I slowly got up and just looked at him. “Uh… eh…. Your… coffee… table…”

“Coffee table? What?” he asked as he stood up and stretched his hands. He heaved a sigh and looked at me. “What are you saying?” he asked again.

“Center… coffee… your…. table….” I stammered as he sat beside me.

Then he laughed suddenly. “Ha-ha-ha-ha!” I blushed as soon as I realized he was laughing at my reaction. “Kim Eun Hye is stuttering? Ha-ha-ha!” he just continued laughing.

I frowned at him saying, “Stop laughing! Nothing’s funny!”

“You are funny! You never got into a guy that close, huh?” he raised an eyebrow smirking.

“YOUR COFFEE IS ON THE CENTER TABLE!” I shouted blushing madly. I decided to stand up but he just pulled my hand making me sit down again. I glared at him but he just stared at me blankly. “Your coffee!” I exclaimed pointing at the mug but he just ignored and continued staring at me. “So… you still have feelings for him, huh?”

“For him…? Yoseob…?” I scratched the back of my head. Doojoon pointed at the diary I’m handling. “Oh… of course not…! Ha-ha…” I tried to laugh it off but it seemed so awkward. “I wrote this things… a year ago… everything change, Doojoon.” I said seriously.

“Are you sure about that?” he cocked an eyebrow again while getting his coffee.

“Uh huh,” I nodded smiling awkwardly.

“Do you have some suitors here?” he asked

“You’re kidding,” I chuckled.

“Why would I be?”

“I’m ugly…” I muttered.

He stopped sipping form his coffee and placed the mug on the center table. His expression turned serious again. “Stop saying horrible things like that…”

“Truth… it’s the truth…”

“I’ll be back to Korea next week too…” he switched the topic. “Hmm… so, see you there…?”

I smiled widely. “Yeah… wait, what school are you going to attend?”

“Why? Are you going to stalk me?”

I smacked his face softly. “Of course! I’m your number one fan!” I said sarcastically.

“You love me now, eh?” he asked seriously.

“Of course I do, you’re my friend!” I exclaimed. “Hmm… What about Soomi? Are you attending the same school?”

“Yeah… she’s annoying” Doojoon replied

“Why?” I laughed at his expression.

“She wraps her arm around my arm and tells the whole world that I’m his boyfriend… who wouldn’t be annoyed?” Doojoon said and rolled his eyes. “It’s okay if at least she’s my type….”

“Seriously…? Soomi is pretty, huh!” I said.

“I don’t like pretty girls…” Doojoon stated. Then he looked up to me saying, “I just need… an ugly one… for me to look more handsome…” then he smiled.

“You dork!” I pinched his cheek so hard. “HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!” he whined trying to let go.