Chapter 3 : Friend for Sale

Everything happened so fast. Well, not that fast. First, I have a new friend, but I don’t know if it’s official. Second, everyone’s congratulating me for being brave (obviously because of what happened yesterday.) And thirdly, Yoseob finally stopped asking me to answer his assignments and he was completely ignoring me now.

Honestly, I felt relieved after what happened yesterday. But at the same time, I lost Yoseob. It was the last thing I wanted to happen. But it already happened.

“Hey, the teacher is calling you!” Doojoon nudged me, distracting my thoughts.

“Huh?”

“Stand up!” he hissed. I stood up and saw my teacher glaring at me.

“W-what is it, m-ma’am?” I asked as I scratched the back of my head.

“See me after class, Ms. Kim.” She stated, “Sit down!”

I sat down and buried my face in my hands. The fuck, I’m going to have detention for the first time! Doojoon nudged me again. I looked at him. “What are you thinking? You’re really out of your mind!”

“I’m sorry… I was just…” then I sighed.

***

I’m making my way to my teacher’s room. She asked me to go there for me to know my punishment. I entered the room and saw a guy sleeping on the corner of the room. He’s familiar. I ignored him as I sat on the chair and waited for my teacher to come.

“What are you doing here?” his tone was so cold. As if he wanted to kill me. It was Yoseob’s voice. I was about to turn on my back and answer him when…

“Mr. Yang and Ms. Kim, come here!” I heard my teacher’s angry voice. I heard Yoseob’s footsteps getting nearer. I stood up and went in front of the teacher. Yoseob did the same and sat beside me. I could feel shivers running down on my spine. I was feeling uneasy with him beside me.

The teacher handed us a bunch of red ball pen and a bunch of test paper. “I wanted to have it done before the sports festival,” she stated then she left us.

My hands were trembling when I tried to get one of the test papers. The teacher only gave us one copy of correct answers. That means… I’m stocked beside him. I started to check the test paper. But I noticed he wasn’t doing anything at all. I looked up to him and saw that he was just watching me.

“Why aren’t you checking?” I asked

“Don’t talk to me,” he answered coldly.

“I wasn’t talking to you, I’m asking you.” I retorted

“Will you just shut it?” he said in a loud tone making me jump a bit. I lowered my head and decided to continue checking. I was about to cry from that moment. He was treating me coldly. As if I was someone who committed a crime against his girl friend.

“Don’t treat a girl like that…” I heard a voice behind us. “…Yang Yoseob.”

I turned my head to see Doojoon sitting comfortably on the corner with a book covering his face. I didn’t notice him the earlier. Doojoon removed the book covering his face.

“The hell you care?” Yoseob replied glaring at him.

“The hell I care? You woke me up from my sleep! That’s what I care about.” Doojoon replied as he stood up getting ready to leave. I gave him a ‘don’t-go’ look. “And as what I said, don’t treat a girl like that, you’re like a gay.”

“What did you just say?” Yoseob stood up getting ready to attack Doojoon.

Doojoon just chuckled, “I said you look like a gay.”

Yoseob was about to attack Doojoon but I held his hand. He looked at me then to my hand taking a grip on his hand. “Let go,” he said coldly. “I said let go,”

“Eun Hye, let that shit go.” Doojoon said in a serious tone.

I slowly let go of his hand but he looked at me confusedly. I avoided his eyes and looked at Doojoon who was walking to my direction and looking directly to my eyes. “Doo—“

“Let’s go.” Doojoon stated grabbing my hand.

“B-But… the test papers…”

“I’ll make a solution for that,” he answered shortly as he dragged me with him. But something happened that make us stop, well nothing happened that much but… Oh well, to say it simply, Yoseob held my hand.

Yoseob held my hand.

Yoseob fucking held my hand for the first time.

I looked up to him but he wasn’t looking at me, he was glaring at Doojoon. “Stop it Doojoon,” he stated. He looked at me, “You’re not leaving, right?”

“She’s leaving with me,” Doojoon butted in.

“I’m not talking to you.” Yoseob replied

I looked at Doojoon and forced a smile… “Do you want to go to my house?”

Doojoon smiled, “Sure,”

Yoseob’s grip on my wrist grew tighter. “Yoseob, it hurts.” I said as I try to get my hand but he was pulling me.

“Yoseob, stop it. You’re hurting her!” Doojoon shouted as he pushed Yoseob.

“I’m sorry…” he said looking into my eyes.

“Stop fooling around, Yoseob.” Doojoon said.

Yoseob slowly let go of my hand… It was the last thing I wanted him to do. I felt sad after that… I thought he’s going to fight for me. Maybe it’s me who’s just thinking like that. I’m really a total loser.

Doojoon started dragging me. Yoseob was left in the room.

“Don’t tell me you’re going to forgive that shit.” Doojoon suddenly said.

I looked up to him, “Thanks.”

“I didn’t do that because of you…”

“Why do you always have to say that?”

“That’s the truth,”

“Fine, but still… Thank you for making me realize everything.”