but the funny thing is, i was holding back tears

You woke up at around 2:40 A.M. You were still on the grass, next to Octane. You were cold, and the ground was cold. The wind didn't make it any better. Attempting to rub your arms didn't warm you up, so you decided to try to deal with it. But, you weren't able to back asleep in the follow couple of minutes. You had goosebumps all of your skin, and you were shivering madly. With a little mumble, Octane opened his eyes.

Quickly, you closed yours and pretended that you were asleep. Octane yawned quietly, then whispering. "[Y/N], are you awake?"

You didn't respond, but continued to shiver. The boy let out a little sigh, and you smiled, having you back facing him, so he couldn't see your face. Resting your face on the cold and slightly damp grass, you waited for what he was going to do next. Was he just going to go back to sleep? Was he going to "wake you up?"

Your thoughts were stopped when he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you right up against him. He rested his face on your back. Suddenly, you were grinning in happiness. In that moment, all your goosebumps went away. You could feel his slow breathing up against your back, and you felt at peace. Closing your eyes, you remained smiling, letting out a soft sigh.

You weren't cold anymore, not with Octane there. You were in the moment, living with the feeling of being content and peaceful. It's like time was endless, and the night would never end. But that wouldn't be that bad, right? Opening your eyes once more, you could feel Octane shifting. Trying to glance over your shoulder, you whispered a "thank you" to him. You could see the adrenaline junkie smile before pressing his face into your back again.

Glancing up at the moon, you sighed, feeling tired again. It was time to get some more sleep. There was nothing bothering you now, so it would be easy.

Thanks to Octane.