hot breath

"Alright, I'll scout around." Mirage spoke, pushing by them to exit the nook. "And leave you two alone," he added, winking towards you.

You looked to the side, ignoring Mirage's taunts. Octane tapped his foot rapidly, sighing. "Ughhh, aburridoooo!" he complained. With a slight smile, you glanced over to him. His eyes. His eyes. Not his abs. Not his muscular, slim body, and... oh no, it happened again. Your eyes, with minds of their own, had wandered down his body and back up.

When Octane glanced over to you, you looked away instantly. He rested his head back again, and you could feel his hot breath on your neck. You felt as if you were melting. What did this man do to you?! 

"Amiga, something wrong?" He asked, just a whisper by your ear.

"No. It's just a little hot..." you responded with a quiet voice, daring to scoot closer to Octane. Before either of you could say something, Mirage climbed back in, "They're coming back, get ready."

You grabbed your Peacekeeper again, and the three of you climbed out of the nook, and stayed low by the bushes. Footsteps. Coming from around the corner, then you saw the three enemies. "Ready? Uno, dos, tres, go!" Octane shouted, jumping up and firing. You threw a mini robot at an enemy, and fired. Mirage sent out a decoy, and an enemy began to run, but it was the one you hacked. 

"Knocked down one!" Octane exclaimed. "One is going around," You spoke, using a goggles type of thing to see the hacked enemy through objects.

Mirage crept around the corner, awaiting the lone enemy to come out.

"Another one down!" Octane cheered, injecting something into his leg and running to Mirage. Crouching, you reloaded, awaiting the lone enemy to come around. Suddenly, Octane got knocked down. "S-sniper!" He yelped, crawling back into the nook.

"There must be a second team somewhere!" Mirage shouted, "Go, bazb- boom- bamz- fool them!" He sent out a decoy and crouched just outside of the nook. 

Walking into the nook, you saw Octane, laying there, bleeding out. "I got you, don't worry." You spoke, leaning in and jabbing a syringe into his chest. He flinched, and sat up, "Thank you, hermosa!" 

You didn't know what that meant, but it was different than what he usually called you, 'amiga.' You smiled, helping him out of the nook.

"Let's head out," Mirage said, "Move further into the Cascades?"

"Sure," you nodded, and Octane injected another syringe into himself, "Must. Go. Faster!"

You watched him go, and Mirage elbowed you, "C'mon, stop fantasizing, go and get him!"

And maybe you would.