1

The journey to my apartment was short and boring, just like me. The same streets, the same shops, the same turns.

Just different people.

With different attitudes towards their life.

HopeWay street was a whole package with social elites to gamble their hereditary money, women with fewer privileges selling their body to the devil himself to people with begging for food in the streets.

And the name is HopeWay. Ironic.

Then in the middle of this, there were people like us, with nothing to lose, nothing to gain, living our lives just because we have to. We were neither the privileged one nor the helpless one. We were supposed to be the society changer. But instead, we became this hot blooded robot.

Selfish hot-blooded robot.

-

The scene in front of me was again not very foreign, young men and women dancing, drinking, enjoying their lives but this time I was also one of them.

I looked at Becca, eyes pleading to let me go to the comfort of my apartment, but all she did was shrug before storming past the lady who was puking her guts out.

With a grimace, I followed Becca into the club Sinful. There was this familiar smell of alcohol, sweat and puke in the club, making me aware that how typical this whole scenario was.

Becca, though, didn't give her mind to the smell or the noise, she dragged me to the dance floor and started to sway her body to the beats.

Without a single word.

Her actions were justified though, her boyfriend Kevin, the ultimate douchebag, cheated on her.

With their dog.

Now I didn't know the exact details, because Becca was crying hysterically once she reached my apartment. But it was clear that whatever happened wasn't the most ideal way to find your boyfriend cheating on you.

Even though cheating itself is bad enough.

The crowd was cheering and shouting and enjoying the night, as I sat in a corner and counting the time to go home.

Becca was dancing, grinding, kissing, basically doing everything a girl does after her breakup. The thought to leave her alone in this club where she was intoxicated beyond her limits didn't sit well with me.

She was the one who helped me in so many ways, the least I could do was tolerate this, a place which was covered with the smell of sweat and the decorated with the molecules of puke.

Becca, who was now kissing a random dude, helped me get the job at Lush, which was owned by her uncle, Dominic, when I stumbled upon her on the streets.

Crying.

Panting.

Screaming for help.

And she was the one, who didn't narrow her eyes on me, frowned upon me. Instead, she smiled and offered me her apartment.

To a stranger.

My panting didn't stop as I reached the bus station, in fact, it increased. My heart was thumping against my chest, so hard that I could hear feel it in my ears. My skin was hot and sweaty from all the running.

My eyes are blurry from all the crying I had been doing for the past two hours.

The night was dark, the moon was full, illuminating light in the dark streets of New York City, the street was lacking, lights and human beings. There was not a single person there, making the road looked like a set from a horror show.