Relationship palaver😪

'I ain't doing this ever' I said to myself.
With all the trouble in it? Nah!! Never.
Now this got me thinking.
Let's rewind back a bit to the astonishing events that happened the past few days.
     I told you about Ashante new friend, Carson. Well,  after few days of knowing each other, they started dating. Fast right? I tried taking her out of it but she kept on defending herself with ' true love doesn't depend on the time/ place, it just happens. There's no need to waste time'. I let her do what she wanted. She's my best friend. Accepting her decisions is part of the job requirements.

 Ruth also had a boyfriend. I didn't tell you this earlier because I felt it wasn't important. Well, it is now. Ruth was dating James. I didn't see what she loved about him though. I had to take things the way they were.  They'd been arguing alot, Ruth coming home with bruises all the time. I figured he was hitting her. I tried to talk her into calling the police but she kept on saying he'd change. 'Man of change' I called him. it wasn't my relationship neither was it my responsibility to care about people's relationship issues.  I got mine too, you know😑.

  One sunny afternoon. Someone came visiting. I was the only one home so I wore something short and free in order to properly rest because the day's work was quite hectic.
I opened the door and I saw 'Man of Change'. Remember James, Ruth's boyfriend.
He walked in, like it was his house. I had no say because, it was Ruth's boyfriend. He was like the master and Ruth the mistress and I the distant relative 😒.
'Ruth's not home' I said going back to the door so he could go. We weren't friends either. Who would want to be friends with someone who hits a lady!!!
   Hmmm. He said, looking round the house.
'Do you know where she went to? I need to see her. It's something urgent'.
  'School, shes not yet back'. I said rolling my eyes. For God's sake, please leave. I thought. I didn't want to get him upset. Getting him upset would upset Ruth too who in turn will upset me. I wasn't the mood for any display of emotions.
     Alright, he said walking towards me. I leaned to open the door, when I felt his hands on mine. 'What's going on here?'  I said already  angered.
He came closer, and tried kissing me. I slapped him.
'You are indeed a fool'.' A worthless He-goat:.
You have no atom of sense In your body.' 'Insidous fool you are'. 'How dare you?
'Have you no respect for Ruth'? 'Or should I say, you're punching bag'?
The next time you try this rubbish I'll shout rape. Fool'😤  I shouted angrily at me.
  James chuckled, 'your breasts bounce
when you are angry'. 'Not a word to Ruth. You know what I can do'. He said this, opened the door and left.
   I locked the door and rained all the abuses I knew. Nothing could be done. Even if I tell Ruth, she wouldn't believe and would have the thought that I wanted to steal her man from her.
Ha!!! I don't want that o....I said loudly and lay on the bed to rest.
Next thing I heard, was my phone ringing. It was Ashante. I answered eager to speak to her but instead of _'sup sister' I heard sobs.
She was speaking in a language I couldn't comprehend. It was not pidgin, it was probably igbo
'Calm down baby, what's wrong? Anxious to hear what happened, I kept on asking.
Until she finally spoke up.
'Carson broke up with me' Ashante said crying louder.
My heart melted as I heard those words.
Melted for Ashante's cries, Furious for letting my baby cry.
'who is he? , 'How dare he'?  'Babe stop crying, it's definitely not worth it.'
This wasn't meant to be, that's why it didn't work out'. 'Stop crying'. 'Be strong'. 'Should I come over'? I asked.
'No, don't stress yourself, I'll be okay'.
She said and hung up.
I couldn't sleep again. All these in one day?
    I called Ashante later that night. She was okay. Even giggling but we all know, behind that smile, there are eyes full of tears.

  Back to Ruth. Ruth wasn't home. 10:45pm, she still wasn't back. It was unlike her.
11:20pm, ha!!!where has this girl gone to?
11:45pm, I heard a knock, it was Ruth, all drunk.
Get out!!! She shouted at me. You person.
You too betrayed me. I heard it all!!! Everything. He wanted to sleep with you?
   Oh!!! Now I get it, she probably heard all that transpired between James and I.
What's up with this?
Why' s every body heartbroken today?
It's probably boy's day.
Before I could say anything you fell on the bed and slept off..... I quickly removed her shoe and unbuttoned her shirt with the hope of narrating to her all that happened. I did not want any misunderstanding.

   I know how relationship' s can be. But with all I've seen today.. I ain't doing that ever. Why enter a relationship if you know you won't be able to respect your partner and remain faithful?
Is this what I LOVE YOU MEANT?

A/N
Thanks for reading... I haven't been able to write, due to some issues.
I'm glad you're consistent. Please don't forget to vote by hitting the star button below your screen... Your comments are equally important.

Thank you and read on😊