Love at first sight (1)

Devine!!! For God's sake you're 30! by now, you should think of getting married. I cannot believe you're still here sulking over a guy who is probably married by now. You could almost  guess who was speaking.
- my best friend, Ashante.

Pheww! This is getting old.

I'm Devine Rivers, I'm 30 but still in love with the same man from my teen. I believe it's normal to fall in and out of love, Just not in my case. I've been to a therapist cos I believe I'm going crazy.

I'd tell you the story, but you have to promise not to judge me. Everyone makes mistakes too. It goes :

I didn't come from a well-to-do family, My parents struggled to send us to school. 'Us', I mean my siblings, my sister's.  The country was undergoing recession and everything became harder from working to eating. The only way to survive was to try to survive.
Scary isn't it?

After about 2 years of working, I gathered enough money, joined with that of my parents, bought a college admission form. I needed to go to school.
I knew it would be hard to cope with the books and all but I had to take the risk 😌
My accommodation was a little bit settled, I had a friend I would squat with till I could stay on my own.

I got the admission, left for school in preparation for the life out there, I didn't know I'd meet a stagnant lover.
My friend Ruth, started introducing me to her friends one by one until I saw...HIM

I hope you enjoyed it?
Read on for more details...
Drop your comments so I'd improve
Thanks.