January- Things always stay the same

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" 

The year was 2020. This was going to be "Our Year" as we would say. The year of endless opportunities, the year of trying new things, going new places, seeing new things and meeting new people. We were set.  This year would be ours. 

January 2020 

Waking up in a new year is always refreshing, you get to choose if you want to change up or you know... what everyone usually does.. stay the same. This new year's resolution thing really only lasts for the first month if we're being completely honest. Some people really do change up.. but others like me, I'll be doing basically the same thing. 

Hi my name's Amelia Johnson. My friends call me Mia. This new year my resolution was the same old, the usual eat healthy, exercise, and try to be a better person. You must be thinking " And how's that going for ya?" Ha. That only lasted a week. Yes. One week. Not three. Not four. But One. But it's okay I think I'll continue... at some point...

It was the first day of a new semester and I was ready to tackle any and everything, or so I thought

"Hey Mia!" That everyone is my best friend Jasmine Cole. She out of everyone in this school is the only one, apart from me of course, who is not attention seeking and stays out of drama. Despite her being drama free.. she has a bit of a... well... personality. 

"Hey Jas, what's up? Are you ready for this new school year." Jasmine looked at me so bored even I had to rethink my question.

" Mia sweetie, you are way to optimistic for your own good. Right now all I want to do is curl up into my bed and go back to sleep. It is way to early for me to be learning stuff or be interacting  with humans. " 

"You  are so dramatic." I mean she isn't wrong. I would love to be wrapped up in my nice toasty blankets all cozy and not having a care in the world but it sucks to be us, we have to be here. The place that should probably make all our hopes come true but seriously mine has just been getting killed. We study are butts off just to get a grade below what we actually deserve, we get piles of homework and assignments and seriously half the time I don't even know what we're supposed to be learning. My mind is like meet this deadline and that one or study for that exam tomorrow or this case study is due. Give us a break would ya. 

"Let's get to class Mia and hope and pray that something happens so that we can go home." That never happened. 

" It's only the start of the day Jas."

"Yes , and an excruciating 6 more hours left. I really hope we make it till the end."  

The rest of January was really pretty much the same

The rest of January was really pretty much the same. Me going to school, Jas complaining, me coming home from school, falling asleep to homework. Same old same old.