April - The one that got away

JAS! 

SHE'S THERE! 

HOW IS SHE THERE! 

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME I AM DREAMING. 

As I was trying to wrap my head on what was going on before my very eyes I heard foot steps coming towards the door. I quickly ducked and listened carefully. 

"It was very nice to finally meet you Alex... and Jas I am so proud of you for telling me." 

ALEX!!!!! 

WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING HERE! 

My head is literally spinning right now. This cannot be actually happening right.? 

As soon as Ms Cole shut the door Alex grabbed onto Jas' hand. 

"See Jas, it wasn't so hard telling her about your girlfriend now was it?" 

"You're not my girlfriend." Jas' voice sounded so hoarse and scared. I just wanted to run up to her and give her a hug. And I was about to but then I saw Alexandra pull out a knife.

"I don't think you want to make me angry right now babe." she said as she tucked a piece of Jas' hair behind her ear.

In that moment I knew I couldn't do this by myself so I quickly called my dad. While trying to get a hold of him they began to move out. 

" Mia is everything okay?"

"Dad listen I need you to follow the same car that you saw the day Jas didn't come home. It's currently going in the direction of the park." 

"I'm currently in that direction so no problem.. but why.." 

" Because dad Jas is there with her." 

TWO HOURS LATER 

My dad came back in the house looking frustrated.  He took a deep sigh and sat down at the dining table in front of me. 

"Where is she?" I looked at him filled with some type of hope, just a little bit, but with the look on his face I knew better than to hope. 

" I lost them. My mind was so clouded and filled with anger that I didn't even really get a good look at the number plate." He sat there with his hands on his forehead. " I am so sorry I didn't get to Jas in time Amelia." 

I watched as tears rolled down his face. I knew that this was killing my dad inside. He'd gotten really close with Jas, saw her as another daughter. I just know he wants to get her home safe as much as I do. 

" Don't worry dad. Everything will be okay. She'll be back sooner than you know it." 

I hope.