Chapter 5

Detective Gaskarth's POV

Finger prints are a forensic scientists best friend, and you'd know that if you ever became one.

Kellin Quinn. 27. Brown hair. Pale skin. Clean record. Therapist.

Object of second possible murder, a pale blue vase with VVF carved on the side and very detailed hand prints.

Two different blood types found on scene, some mixed within each other hinting at fighting or rough handling.

It's sad how someone so evil could pass by unknown. Scares you, doesn't it? The person you're walking next to on the sidewalk might be a serial killer. Or maybe that shy guy in science class could be planning to kill his whole family. The quiet go unknown, yet are the ones we need to worry most about.

But it doesn't matter because I've seen this a thousand times. Unknown person comes up and we always hit a brick wall. Repeatedly, we track them down by the closest thing we can manage but run into the same problems over and over.

There was nothing different with this other than the possibility of him killing more than two victims, and telling by the blood on the concrete and how it drug into what could be where a car was parked, is saying that Vic Fuentes is still breathing, locked within the hands of the shy therapist.

If every suicide in this town was at the hands of Kellin, then he would have killed ten people. Some of the cases look to strict to be in any other hands but someone who honestly wanted to kill themselves, but others have loose ends and endless possibilities.

He's out of this town, and by the morning he'll be out this state. Next month, he could be out of this country. Not that it matters to anyone other than the caring family's of the ones who were yanked away from them. People will care for a few months, then it'll fade.

He'll be gone and I'll never know what he sounds like or why he killed the people he did.