Hybrid Harry

Stalked by Him, 'Hybrid Harry' written by kaya1965

Liam grins deviously, his face flashes as the fire inside of him flickers, my insides wrench at the sight.

"Poor Lea. Poor, poor naïve Lea" Liam chuckles coldly. He sounds so nefarious and cruel. How did I not pick it up before? How could he build such a deceptive façade? Why did he have to pretend to be kind-hearted? That hurts more than false badness. My hands absentmindedly shudder, the handcuffs rattling, frightening me but not more than Liam's eerie shadow casting a dark space on my left side. He smiles lightly when he notices me squirming away from the shadow.

"You're scared aren't you?" He whispers menacingly, leaning into the side of me until his stubble touches my ears. I wince and chew the inside of my cheek.

"Good, he'll like you then" He whispers even less audible, the gush of air brushing the insides of my ears. I swallow painfully, my body immovable from the numbness Liam is forging inside of me. My eyes water from the inhumane fear and I shake vigorously. I desperately want liberation, I'm aching him to cease this torturous oppression. I brace myself and shut my eyes tightly for what torment Liam will senselessly inflict upon me callously.

Instead an authoritative voice echoes in the room, muting Liam, leaving him struck.

"Leave her be. I think she's endured enough torment for one day" A male voice slices the thickening tension around us. Liam, slightly annoyed, withdraws his head away from my ear and back to eye level. His face still blocking most of my vision.

"Retract Liam. Suppress your urges" A silhouette in the most distant corner of my eye stalks closer and closer to me. Liam steps back and walks over to the silhouette, His black attire glittering in the widows rays. I don't yelp like I would usually do, the physical pain striking again. The back of my head throbs from the savage blow that knocked me unconsis, my arms are trembling from the restraint digging into my soft, fleshy skin and my legs are stunned. I can't feel any blood flowing, I feel like I am about to pass out any second.

"Well, might as well tell her this.... Intriguing news" The authoritative voice says, with a hint of light happiness. The voice is spooky, but soothing. It lulls me and coaxes me to sleep.

"Better get to her before she collapses" Footsteps rush at me. Were they that far away? I didn't see them anyway. Someone whistles.

"Wakey Wakey sweety" The same voice stabs my droopy eyelids, they obey the voice. A wave of energy straightens me, my vision clears and then a red glint catches my unprepared vision. Red eyes.

A shrill scream shushes inside me, I attempt to wrestle out of the clutching restraints my limbs are unwillingly confined to but they won't budge.

"Not what you predicted? Sincerest apologises my dear Lea" The vampire says huskily, his voice not so refreshing any longer. He moves out of the shadows to expose his face to me. I shudder when his terrifying face becomes visible, the sight of him makes me whimper. He kneels, resting his elbow on his upright knee. We are eye level. A cold shiver slithers down my spine, the vivid red glistening icily.

"As you, presumably, noticed before my voice is a little less.... Malevolent than the last time we collided. You see Lea..... I need to make a small sacrifice to say something to you" I stare at him, disbelieving and still tremulous.

"Vampire guy-" I gasp in a hoarse voice.

"Harry. Call me Harry" He cuts me off calmly, tilting his head to examine me nonchalantly with a slight tense in his strong jaw, the blinding widow light illuminating one side of his face, uplifting his defined features sharply.